LOTO - single boat incident

Old 06-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch!, thats a bad day
Old 06-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if I will be banned from this forum for this, but there was also a deadly boating accident last weekend in Colorado. It involved a member of my daughter's Army family with the 3-61 Cavalry Squadron, 4th Infantry Division, based at Fort Carson, Colorado. The accident killed an Army Cavalry Sergeant and his wife and left four children without parents. I attached the gofundme link if anyone feels like helping out. This is legitimate and was covered widely in the news. Hopefully, I will still be a member of OSO after posting this but I feel this community may be the right one, especially on this thread, with stories here about others who were fortunate enough to survive! https://gofund.me/cbae0060
Old 06-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bfoodman
Not sure if I will be banned from this forum for this, but there was also a deadly boating accident last weekend in Colorado. It involved a member of my daughter's Army family with the 3-61 Cavalry Squadron, 4th Infantry Division, based at Fort Carson, Colorado. The accident killed an Army Cavalry Sergeant and his wife and left four children without parents. I attached the gofundme link if anyone feels like helping out. This is legitimate and was covered widely in the news. Hopefully, I will still be a member of OSO after posting this but I feel this community may be the right one, especially on this thread, with stories here about others who were fortunate enough to survive! https://gofund.me/cbae0060
Sad 13 people what kind of boat how big?
Old 06-02-2022, 08:57 AM
Registered

Not sure - I would think overloaded. there is some info and link to CBS News on the GOFUNDME page.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
That corner where the accident happened (assuming they were at the corner of PBII entrance, Lazy Days) is a complete MF'er on busy Holiday days. Several years back it was rough enough to swap and sink a disabled cruiser and about 20 years ago a buddy of mine wiped out his 33 Outlaw there. It's a tight corner, there is a ton of traffic traveling to and from Party Cove or just heading to and from the State Park area, and the lake is just full of idiots these days with no clue of what they are doing. Plenty of moving chicanes these days. Might of had to have made an aggressive move to avoid someone and that water is very unforgiving if you are out of shape in any way. Just glad all are OK. Too many times the side scan sonor comes out after the fact.
Still too many cruisers plowing along at maximum wake speed for god knows what reason.

I popped the engine hatch on the 330ss one weekend day down near the damn to have a look at something, and waves crashing against the transom of the boat started spilling directly into the bilge! Needless to say I closed it up and got on my way.

pic for reference

Last edited by hogie roll; 06-02-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 403 Likes on 239 Posts

Trying to save gas? They plow because they can and do not know any better. I live next to the water fall house at the 12mm. He has wave breaker's and 100 ft signs. Most, 90% do not shut down until they are within docking distance to the breaker's, WTF is up with that?
Old 06-03-2022, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Trying to save gas? They plow because they can and do not know any better. I live next to the water fall house at the 12mm. He has wave breaker's and 100 ft signs. Most, 90% do not shut down until they are within docking distance to the breaker's, WTF is up with that?
Id say the lake is full of Midwesterners with little boating experience, but FL is also full of tourists on rental boats constantly mucking it up. Probably just due to the boating boom in general.
The following users liked this post:
OFFSHOREJOJO (06-06-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 08:15 AM
Registered

Rumor is that it was likely overloaded - hit some rough water and capsized. A tragic accident that just should not have happened.
The following users liked this post:
OFFSHOREJOJO (06-06-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bfoodman
Holy crap.....I just read the article. 16' Sea Ray with 13 people on board! Tragic!
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/30/us/la...ent/index.html
Old 06-03-2022, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiki Joe
Holy crap.....I just read the article. 16' Sea Ray with 13 people on board! Tragic!
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/30/us/la...ent/index.html
Terrible. Lives ended and others forever changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.