Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Turning at speed >

Turning at speed

Notices

Turning at speed

Old 05-22-2024, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting photo. This is the exact thing I am trying to under stand.I know this is a race but why did the second boat roll. Was the second boat just simple cutting to hard after the first boat and the first boats wave rolled him because the hull was cutting and then cut to hard into the first boats wake? I am sure that the course is awesome but I don't have the time and the money to take a course. There a lot of knowledge on this site and I just trying to tap into the experience of fellow operator on in the forum. I have a lot of time on the water, but a novelist when it come to high performance. Any body can push the throttles over on flat water in a strait run. I have got confident there and enjoy that. I just want to get more and more confident related to photo like this. I want to know what the pilot/captain did that caused this so that I don't.

Also I didn't understand the comment on TS Gun and Gladiator. Are they prone to roll?
Old 05-22-2024, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 94 Posts

No expert but step hull not same as strait hull where you bring drives in a little turning. I own 2 step hulls now don't bring drives in as much. As said take the class.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,143 Likes on 1,393 Posts

81cig33.......Sean Stinson and Dick Simon went swimming but the boat never rolled / flipped it righted itself with no passengers......my current boat Speed Racer

The following 3 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
105Fountain (05-23-2024), ICDEDPPL (05-22-2024), Tiki Joe (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful boat. I hope they were both ok. Did the boat just "bite" to hard in the water and that is what set them swimming? Do you know about how fast they were running. looks like they are 80+ but that is a SWAG only based off how much boat is in the water? These are the kinds of examples that I am trying to understand, which gives me confidence. They were pushing this boat to the line and then the maneuvers were do aggressive. I am 100% certain they are better operators than I am but comparing their boats position vs the other boat that appears to be lower in the water and stable. Am a close or off base? BTW beautiful boat!
Old 05-23-2024, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Hands down the best advice is to take a Tres Martin class. He's amazing. Tons of experience in every boat imaginable. Part of the course is done in your actual boat with him. The price of admission I'll admit was a hard one to swallow initially, but you would be hard pressed to find any past student that would not agree it was well worth it.

Tres Martin Performance Boat School – Advanced, Hands-on, Skill Based Performance Boat School
This is the best advice you will receive!! Take the Tres Martin Class, I took the class after a scary moment in my first 32 Sunsation. Tres will cover the exact material you are asking about, then he spends time with you in your boat to teach what you learn in class.