Top Gun Hatch Leaking >

Top Gun Hatch Leaking

Notices

Top Gun Hatch Leaking

Old 04-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Top Gun Hatch Leaking

The port hatch on our 2001 Top Gun leaks when washed. I thought it was the rubber seal that was the problem but discovered this was not the case.

The last time we washed the boat we lifted the bow of the boat using a forklift on the trailer. I was inside the cabin and noticed the hatch started to slowly leak. The water was leaking where the stainless trim piece meets the fiberglass opening.

my question is where is the water coming from. I know there is a drain that is supposed to drain any water that accumilates around the hatch opening and was wondering if this could be leaking internally.

If anybody has this same problem or knows what could be causing it I would appreciate any help.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem I've been trying to figure out with a bullet. I think it's the same design. I blew air thru the drain thinking that was it, tryed new rubber and that did'nt stop it either.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just spent over $500.00 replacing the all the hardware for those hatches and they STILL LEAK !!! I dont know what more can be done to stop this. If you look into the gasket area you can see sunlight between the gasket and the deck in some spots.

Bob
Old 04-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I even tried a rubber weather strip on the deck portion of the hatch and I'm in the same boat. I'm stumped.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

I thought it was the rubber as well, but when I was inside the cabin and watched it starting to leak I noticed it was not comming from the rubber seal. It seems to be coming internally from the deck, and leaking between the fiberglass and the metal trim. That is why I was wondering if the drain was somehow the problem, maybe draining internally into the deck were the opening for the hatch is. I left a message for Bud at Cigarette, if I get an answer I will let you guys know. At least I know mine is not the only one.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Registered

Try removing the the spring lock brac. and use some silicone and reinstall maybe it's leaking through the screw holes!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

I will try that, thanks...
Old 04-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Default leak

If the drain is plugged it will leak via rubber seal and sometime where the hatches are pinned. you may try pulling the insert out of the drain and reseal it. I have never experienced any leakage from the deck
Old 04-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered

The drains seem to working fine and I don't think the rubber is the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Registered

How would you go about unplugging the drains, and were do they drain to ??

Bob

Quick Reply: Top Gun Hatch Leaking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.