Notices

Rocky pics..

Old 11-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rocky pics..

Have I understood but as I can be able to make an order if one is not able' to know what they have in file?
A list, small images....
You as you did to know that Beken had at least a photo of the Eraf?
I made the application of photo of the Black Tornado but I have not even had an answer. Had to I also pay the search in file perhaps? Seem me absurd.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Marco - just try again and ask for a contact sheet of photo´s he has of Black Tornado as you are interested in buying a photo. Tell him the year that the boat raced at Cowes and he will have some for sure.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
Marco,

You say about requesting specific photo´s is not a good way to do business, but as I said before, prior to more recent times (thinking of the benefits of this new found internet marvel), I just don´t think it made good business sense to continue to incur the costs of producing a powerboat calender for a very small number of people.

With regard to selling photo´s from their library by request - this system works well. My avatar is courtesy of Beken. For years Eraf was and still is my favourite boat of all time (sorry Richie!) - something about that Cig 36 wide body shape and colour! I contacted Beken and they sent me a proof sheet from which I ordered a wonderful colour print of De Angelis´ trusty steed.

If any of you want a photo of any old racer, it´s well worth contacting them for proof sheets. The final prints are tremendous.

Nige

What did they charge for the color photo?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Charlie,

The prints can go pretty large because of the large format photography he does/used to do (probably digital now?). My print is about 12" by 10". I think the cost was somewhere in the region of 40-60 quid, but that was over ten years ago!!