When the Cougar cats were made of wood

Notices

When the Cougar cats were made of wood

Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done Nigel!
Now others pics that are new for you.
In 1979 Dallas sold or leased the cat to the brother of Alberto Smania,Fabrizio,to compete in the Italian and European Class 2 Championships. At Venice with Franco Statua as throttleman Fabrizio was the favourite number one to the World Title,but that race went wrong.
I Love La Smania was the name.The following year the cat came back in England I think.
In the second picture you can see me with the red sweater and my friend Roberto when we worked in the Smania Team.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-ilovelasmania79.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-viareggio79.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlenige
Marco - had a stab at digitally repairing your pic from the Key West start. And check out that second picture - poetry in motion. Just beautiful.
Damned JEPEG!!!!
I love to post in TIF but it's impossible!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey great pics Marco! More please!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlenige
Marco - had a stab at digitally repairing your pic from the Key West start. And check out that second picture - poetry in motion. Just beautiful.
Sorry Nigel but I didn't see the pics posted before!
I have a photo's program too but your repaired pics are better of mine!
About the second pic it's another beautiful shot of the Master Graham!

"It's a long way to Tipperary....."
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

Reprising the story of the Battleships....
The second big cat from Cougar was....a 35'.1978: Beep Beep,then Michelob Light in 1980 for Joel Halpern. Like the other 35' Cougar builded(see later Fayva Shoes) it was unlucky and after a victory in Detroit it sank at the Fasano/Lombardo race.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-lanier.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-h9806-0040sm.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

In1979 appeared one of the most famous Cougar cat: Kaama of Betty Cook that after several years driving monos like Bertram,Cigarette and Scarab(World Title in 1977) she came back to her first love,a cat.
It was an unusual cat with the cockpits forwarded (like the 33' of Dallas) researching a perfect race trim,and in the real flat waters in the Venice Lagoon give an impressive lesson of speed and endurance thanks to the rigging and throttling of John Connor and making a lonely leading race from the start.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-venicewcwinner79.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-kaamacockpit.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered

In 1981 the boat was sold to Howard Quam that left the old colours but renamed it Flap Jack. Initially Quam left the old original cockpit positions but then he withdrawing them.
The second pic came from the considerable library of HORBA.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-scan00193.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-h9806-0075sm.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unipart Lambs. 1989 ex Toleman twins Class II Propeller Shirts.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-upt1-89.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

The Canadian Michael Meynard and him Cougar cat 38' Fayva Shoes broke up the international offshore when in the bay of Melbourne left behind Betty Cook that made an unlucky choose racing with her Scarab mono in the World Championships in 1980. Ironically Meynard made the same game choosing the right hull like the fast woman in Venice the year before.
That cat reappeared some year later in a candid white, like school ship for the new pigmalion kamikaze Kobayashi in Porto Cervo 1987. That 38' started the saga of the Bengal Bay second hand boats. A unsuccesful and useless saga.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-fayvamelbourne80.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-meynardmelbourne80.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-portocervo87resiz.jpg  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-11-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

The first cat and class 1 boat of Ted Toleman was this Cougar38' in wood with central cockpit and engines bay in 1979.
This cat according to Nigel was unsuccesful maybe because in the back of a tunnel must not obstacles, leaving that the air goes out.
Toleman tried to compete with this cat in two World Championships in 1979 and 1980 without results.
Attached Thumbnails When the Cougar cats were made of wood-tolemancat79b.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-tolemanenginesbay79.jpg   When the Cougar cats were made of wood-toleman80.jpg  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-11-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: When the Cougar cats were made of wood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.