Notices

Wild Turkey

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Turkey

Hi everyone, new to the boards. I've seen some old posts with guys asking questions about this boat so I'd figure I'd pass some info along. Frank Lach still owns it. It's only been in the water a few times in the past 6-8 years. A combination of mechanical problems and his health have kept the boat in storage. The good news is that Frank has battled back and is recovering, and has pulled the boat out of storage. He plans on having is brought down the shore this week to have a little work done and he's hoping to have it in the water in a few weeks. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll put a few up of the boat in it's current state taken only a few days ago. After spending a couple of hours talking with him about his race days in the Turkey, the White Night, and Instant Air, he is very anxious to get it back out on the water.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Please send my best wishes to Frank.....we raced many times together and he is a good tough racer.

Hope to see him at the Point Pleasant race this year.

Charlie McCarthy
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Charlie - Will do, I should see him tonight.

If anyone was curious the boat it is now running twin staggered 572's.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the boat and glad to hear Frank is doing well.......
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Wild Turkey was/and still is one of my favorite old school boats. I used to see the boat at the Barnegat Bay races when I was a kid.

My old school favorite list is short, Lil Smidgen, Wolverine, Rated-X, Spirit, Warpath. And of course my father's last boat (18 or 19 years of ownership) the Hairy Canary.

Last edited by Smarty; 06-18-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Default old school

Don't forget Jolly Roger!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Can someone please post pics of Wild Turkey? I remember seeing it several years ago on a lift behind a house on Barnegat Bay.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by rcsmith
Don't forget Jolly Roger!
I remember one of the Barnegat Bay races when "the Jolly Roger" aka Rodger Munn, won. That is a bad Magnum.

I miss those boat races in the bay (and in the 90's the radar shoot-outs in the bay), that's when there was some mystery of who had what boat, how fast it went. The internet and this site are great, but alot of the mystery is now gone.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
Can someone please post pics of Wild Turkey? I remember seeing it several years ago on a lift behind a house on Barnegat Bay.
Here's an Offshore original.........
Attached Thumbnails Wild Turkey-ridethatturkey-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Smile

What are the chances of seeing pics of this classic boat in it's current state?

Originally Posted by Sab1
Hi everyone, new to the boards. I've seen some old posts with guys asking questions about this boat so I'd figure I'd pass some info along. Frank Lach still owns it. It's only been in the water a few times in the past 6-8 years. A combination of mechanical problems and his health have kept the boat in storage. The good news is that Frank has battled back and is recovering, and has pulled the boat out of storage. He plans on having is brought down the shore this week to have a little work done and he's hoping to have it in the water in a few weeks. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll put a few up of the boat in it's current state taken only a few days ago. After spending a couple of hours talking with him about his race days in the Turkey, the White Night, and Instant Air, he is very anxious to get it back out on the water.

Quick Reply: Wild Turkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.