Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

35' story reprise

Here the history of that that should be the hull #12

1976-77 Conspiracy - A.Allweiss-J.Stuteville

1978 Mighty Mouse - J.Weichselbaum-J.Stuteville

1978-80 American Eagle - T.Gentry-R.Powers

2007 ? - W.Dunsmore?-?

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-01-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Anybody got any more shots of the 78 - 80 red version? I have never seen that livery before.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Marco: Is raced in Australia twice with Gentry two different years. One year was with the 35` Cigarette, Conspiracy/Mighty Mouse. Second year was with one of Tom`s custom boats made in conjunction with Rudy Ramos??? and I think Hallet, I didn`t have anything to do with the project. The boat was 36` long and had a big flat on the keel, the boat would not run with the flat so they fabricated a piece of aluminum into a vee and bolted it into place, that`s the boat I won the Mercury Trophy race with in either 1978 or 80 I think maybe 1978. We delaminated the boat in that race and immediatly sold the boat to John Haines of Haines Hunter boats in Australia, he repaired it and ran it in a few races, then I think popped it.
Outrageous was always Mich. light. Mr. Terrible was a new all red Scarab built from scratch.
Have a great holiday, your good friend 7XCHAMP

In 1978 it seems that Gentry and you brought in Australia this boat that seems a project of Dan Arena.

above right: a pic from an Australian magazine of September 1978

Then it was perhaps in 1979-80 that you brought 35' ex Mighty Mouse since this last in fact in 1978 still it was driven from Weichselbaum.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-01-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Red Livery American Eagle

The problem is ,Nige,as far as I can make out the boat only did the South American races and Aussy Worlds in 1980,and none of the comics featured it.I forgot I`d seen it on the DVD,and I have yet to trawl through all my DVD`s looking for the odd boat I haven`t covered on still shot.The Arena boat BT has highlighted I have in the files,but not much Known about it,and it needs a bit of time to find the damn thing.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing, dad's boat is 30 years old and still looks like it can get up and go fast. If anyone knows the Dunsmores, ask them to post some current pics of the boat here. Would love to see it and know its current configuration.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marco, that's 2006 Catalina ski race with the Dunsmores. I used to have their number around someplace...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying fish
The problem is ,Nige,as far as I can make out the boat only did the South American races and Aussy Worlds in 1980,and none of the comics featured it.I forgot I`d seen it on the DVD,and I have yet to trawl through all my DVD`s looking for the odd boat I haven`t covered on still shot.The Arena boat BT has highlighted I have in the files,but not much Known about it,and it needs a bit of time to find the damn thing.
As well as the Worlds in Melbourne in 1980 ( where it lasted about 10 minutes), Gentry sent it to Australia in 1979. It only ran one race, the Sydney -Newcastle, where it blew a drive early on.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying fish

I think I covered the other Gentry/Arena boat earlier in the thread. It was a plum colour, rather than red, with carburetted Mercruisers. It raced here in Australia in July 1978, in the Mercury Trophy race. The ex Slingshot broke up and sank and American Eagle won the race. John Haines, then of Haines Hunter boats and now Haines Signature, bought the whole rig for a rumoured $20,000 (Aus). He repaired it and ran it in a few races that year, under the name "Hainesy's Eagle", until he broke it in the Pacific 1000 that year. The boat was chain sawed after that.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pete60
I think I covered the other Gentry/Arena boat earlier in the thread. It was a plum colour, rather than red, with carburetted Mercruisers. It raced here in Australia in July 1978, in the Mercury Trophy race. The ex Slingshot broke up and sank and American Eagle won the race. John Haines, then of Haines Hunter boats and now Haines Signature, bought the whole rig for a rumoured $20,000 (Aus). He repaired it and ran it in a few races that year, under the name "Hainesy's Eagle", until he broke it in the Pacific 1000 that year. The boat was chain sawed after that.
To this point photo of the version Hainesy's Eagle is needed...and still of the original plummed version of American Eagle.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Registered

flying fish: It is now your turn to enter in the darkened room and find something on that Dan Arena boat.

Dude! Sweet! : it would be better to find the address email of Dunsmore for the photos..

Mike A. : we prefer to see the pics in Conspiracy version,also because apart the change of the names the rest of the livery seems both remained the same after thirty years.

Last question: anyone know Weichselbaum?

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-02-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.