Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Cigarette 35 Raceboats >

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Notices

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Old 12-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any information of a Panama Jack by any source. Meanwhile I don't forget to put the images of the comparison with the Banshee.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-daddycoolbow1.bmp  
Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Registered

Here the comparison Banshee/Daddy Cool
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-daddycoolcockpit.bmp  
Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
I believe that Daddy Cool was the former Banshee of W.Cole of the 1978. Apart the hatches of the engines bay, that have been changed, the characteristic windscreen and that two small hatches? on the bow deck of the Banshee they are identical to those of the Daddy Cool.
I'm of the idea that Banshee other was not that John's Corsiglia former Isis that raced in the 1976.
As I think that Impossible Dream can have become the 1977-78 Conspiracy-Mighty Mouse.
Hi Marco: The Conspiracy boat was an original built by Bob and Jacks for Allen Alweise the St. Pete atty. It was throttled by Stuteville. Next owner was Joe Waxlebaum as Mighty Mouse, also throttled by Stuteville. I then bought the boat with Tom Gentry, and took it to Australia to gain UIM points for the worlds, named American Eagle. First race out of Sydney we broke a U-Joint in the drive and almost sunk the boat, Gentry never showed for the other two races held there due to a marital dispute with Wife Nora. Bob Beich and I stayed there for almost a month to cover the three race series. It was tough because of the time difference between Hawaii where Tom was and Australia where we were, One minute he was comming, the next we didn`t know. We were there to race, but the boss is the boss. We had all the Aussies, pleading with us just to get in the boat and start the race, but to no avail. we had to hide we were so embarrassed. The 35` ended up in Hawaii, as a Gentry play/test boat for the Turbo. motors.
The Willie McDonald boat was also an original rigged by Bud Larrow, and throttled by Bud. His first boat was the 32` Cigarette, I believe ex Bossanova wishnick, that boat eventually became Snoopy with Bob Higgins and Gene Lanham at the sticks. I asked Bud the other day what happened to the 10 boat, but he didn`t know, could have gone to work as a smuggler boat?????????
There was also a 35` race style named Fast Company it was a yellow boat trimmed in Blue, I last saw it back in 1982??????
at a govt. seizure auction here in Miami, Looked like she had been run up on the beach, had lots of damage, but I did notice that she was a Kevlar boat, so had to be very late model in the 35` line. I tryed to bid on her but the bidding went out of control, I think the original family who owend her bought her back.
The Isis boat was also an original 35` as the guy who owned it was always after me for info. on how to run it, how to rig it etc. He wanted me to work for him, but he was never serious about racing, he wanted a combination race/pleasure, I believe that when he built it he put in Auto. trannies instead of crash boxes so he could use the boat for pleasure. That boat was never a serious racer, and I think eventually became a full pleasure boat. I believe there were a couple 35`s built for M-class as well in the very late days of the 35` race styles. One was White Heat, I think maybe Terry Philips was owner/driver?????????? . Mel Riggs I believe maintained the boat. All for now, Happy Holidays 7XCHAMP
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask Roger Munn about daddy cool and byrdman they know all about that hull with the unique fairing. I heard from Mr. Munn that the 35 was at his shop in NJ just hull only with no drives waiting to be rigged maybe he could fill us in...
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Hi Richie,many thanks for your always interesting info.
I remember of a second 35' American Eagle for Australia but I didn't know it was the former Conspiracy/Mighty Mouse.
I would like to see a picture of that American Eagle.
Fast Company I remember was a flat deck version of 35'.
I remember Wild Turkey in M class like another 35' sport version.
Then there was the Bittersweet of Szykula in 1978....
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-19%5B1%5D.jpg   Cigarette 35 Raceboats-wildturkey.jpg   Cigarette 35 Raceboats-bittersweet-small.jpg  

Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Hey don't forget about Gary Stewe in NASTY.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't even know this boat (eraf) existed until Marco put me right...
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-eraf-35.jpg   Cigarette 35 Raceboats-my-photos-2275.jpg  
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bittersweet became "Burn Baby Burn" right? Anyone ever hear any more about that boat? Supposedly it was in a barn in Ohio right?

Also what boat runs the Catalina ski race every year? (Attached photos of Burn Baby Burn and the Ski Race boat).
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-bbb1%2520small.jpg   Cigarette 35 Raceboats-1780catalina_ski_race_2006_058.jpg  
Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Hey don't forget about Gary Stewe in NASTY.
Is this an early Stuewe ride?.....didn't connect the dots until I noticed the race # and colors / trim like Gary's 35 Cig. What size banana is this?
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-nastybanana.jpg  
Old 12-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

That boat originally started as GONE BANANAS and raced in the modified class.

You can see that both Jean Claude Simon and I sold the same boat out of the same mold ....he called his Coyote and I called mine Bananas. These molds still live on today ....they are now kown as Sonics.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-horba-web0030-small-.jpg   Cigarette 35 Raceboats-gone-bananas-34-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 12-11-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.