Cigarette 35 Raceboats >

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Notices

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
15 yrs ago, there was a white with red and black striped cig empty raceboat on rt 1 in topsfield ma. It was on stands for yrs. I always wondered what happened to it. I looked at it ( as a dreamer) with my dad around the same time I looked at a burnt Banana that I think Biggus bought.
Anyway, that cig always made me dream. Anyone ever wind up with it here. I think it had long race hatches and the biggest fuel tnks I've ever seen in a speedboat. I guess it looked like Ajacks if I remember right. Every hole was empty.
Brian, I remember that boat well. It was a Cigarette 35 raceboat that had never been raced. The hull was in great shape, the owner had taken it ALL apart to paint and lost interest. The guy wanted 10k for it at the time. Not sure where it went. -How about that cool Magnum raceboat, "Excavator" that was across the street?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just struck a " oh yah" chord. Cool stuff!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 cirarette mistress

i just bought a 36' mistress from an auction house don't know anything about it it has 420hp 454 that have rebuilt to 500 hp so im told trs outdrives has a trailer boat was in long island does anyone know of this boat ? is it anything special or did i buy scrap would like to sell cheep if anyone interrested thanks jim
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The boat that you have is commonly called the 36' widebody. The 35 mistress is a different hull. There is a guy that has been on the forum looking for one for a while now.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Own The Boat That Was Called Isis,it is for sale

Last edited by Thatguyjohn; 10-12-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thatguyjohn
I Own The Boat That Was Called Isis,it is for sale
ThatGuyJohn,

I am interested, send me a P.M. with
your number ....

C.B.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
flying fish: It is now your turn to enter in the darkened room and find something on that Dan Arena boat.

Dude! Sweet! : it would be better to find the address email of Dunsmore for the photos..

Mike A. : we prefer to see the pics in Conspiracy version,also because apart the change of the names the rest of the livery seems both remained the same after thirty years.

Last question: anyone know Weichselbaum?
Yes, he's my father. Lives in NY.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wex777
Yes, he's my father. Lives in NY.
That is cool. I remember seeing his Magnum with the Tempest engines. If memory serves, APBA allowed it to run in Production class against all the little Chris Craft engines, and that in turn led the legendary Red Crise to form NORA. My dad started racing with NORA, then switched to APBA, where he ultimately raced a 35' Cigarette named Conspiracy, which is the boat your dad bought. It was for sale again recently but I lost track of it. I'd love to get it back and restore its original livery.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
That is cool. I remember seeing his Magnum with the Tempest engines. If memory serves, APBA allowed it to run in Production class against all the little Chris Craft engines, and that in turn led the legendary Red Crise to form NORA. My dad started racing with NORA, then switched to APBA, where he ultimately raced a 35' Cigarette named Conspiracy, which is the boat your dad bought. It was for sale again recently but I lost track of it. I'd love to get it back and restore its original livery.
Mike back in 1974 Steve Baum rigged his 8 merter Chris Craft [MAVERICK] with the Merc 350cu Tempest package with the Trs drives and yes the APBA, let it run in the [A] production class that later became the sport class [S].
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve Baum was the APBA VP of Offshore back in the day. Then he had a 32' Maverick. The guy who took his place was Jay Smith (Putt Putt) beating out Bob Nordskog for the spot.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.