Peter Dean's Slingshot Cigarette now >

Peter Dean's Slingshot Cigarette now

Notices

Peter Dean's Slingshot Cigarette now

Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kubcat
At the moment it only has one engine, no steering and no gauges.

At the rate I have been rebuilding it should be ready by 2042, so if petrol still exists, I will race you...

Simon sent me the photos I attached .... thanks for getting me in touch with him.
I'm not sure how many you got but he has heaps. Your boat was sweet (have to see it now to compare, but in its day it was nice!).

I'd realy like to get a monohull race set up again. Your boat would be absolutely perfect. I bet if you chucked some prochargers on your new engines it would haul ass...

Geez 2042. That sounds like a pretty exact calculation! I might have to buy a new cig and leave it in the usa and fly over to race it by the sound of it!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Many thanks for the pics "then and now".
It's very interesting to see the first version of the deck without any versions of wind shield.
Any others pics of the original Slingshot version?
What's the serial number?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Many thanks for the pics "then and now".
It's very interesting to see the first version of the deck without any versions of wind shield.
Any others pics of the original Slingshot version?
What's the serial number?
Hi Black Tornado. Incase you might be confused, the pictures Kubcat posted are not the same boat, the one on the left is Slingshot, on the right is his Force 3500 which was made from a mould which was taken off a plug from slingshots hull and had a new deck built.

When I am at the marina next i will take a heap of pictures of slinshot and post them on here.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Priceb,thanks for the correction.
I'm waiting for your pics!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Nigel: This apears to be a 35` Cig so to me it would cofirm that Peter did run a thirty five down under. The boat that he stretched was the 40` wide beam boat from what I can remember, I want to say Barry McMillan ran the boat when it broke in half. I still have the newspaper pictures and stories, pictures of the wet crew and what`s left of the boat on the beach in Melbourne. So the picture of the converted boat could very well be the boat you have pictured. The boat in the picture is for sure a 35` see the knuckle on the hull sides. Wonder what ever happened to the 35` Powerboat special of Nordskog?????????????? If some of the veteran Calif. guys would contribute we could have some good stuff comming forward, they were big part of offshore also. 7XCHAMP
In the late '70s early '80's B.Mcmillan had a pleasure craft at the St kilda marina which was a ex race boat.Any ideas as to that boat,his spanner was a guy called 'Irish"
Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rob Bailey
In the late '70s early '80's B.Mcmillan had a pleasure craft at the St kilda marina which was a ex race boat.Any ideas as to that boat,his spanner was a guy called 'Irish"
I"m not sure what happened to that boat, but i Know there was a cigarette there that i believe was his and that got turned into a fishing boat. I am told it is now in lakes entrance.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by priceb
I"m not sure what happened to that boat, but i Know there was a cigarette there that i believe was his and that got turned into a fishing boat. I am told it is now in lakes entrance.
what about a single engine magnum called "Camstar" was raced by the late Brian Fisher.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Registered

it is in geelong as a pleasure boat still with single stern drive but it has an open cockpit like slingshot has now.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by priceb
it is in geelong as a pleasure boat still with single stern drive but it has an open cockpit like slingshot has now.
do you know its history before Fisher?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered

Hi Rob,

I will try to find out for you.

Quick Reply: Peter Dean's Slingshot Cigarette now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.