Road trip to Italy let's go! >

Road trip to Italy let's go!

Notices

Road trip to Italy let's go!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 AM
MF
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a Waste !!! I remember watching and reading articles on magazines on These Boats !!

PS
Marco, whose 38 is that one ? Has it raced ?

Last edited by MF; 12-21-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: missed one point
Old 12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Marco is the yellow CUV Dino Biachi still there? Any idea wether that boat or Caldente's boat was the old San Bennedeto CUV?

So Hurricane was one of Delle Valle's boats?

I emailed the guy up in Canada, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try to call him after Christmas.

If I don't get the chance over the weekend... Buona Natale Marco and Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MF
What a Waste !!! I remember watching and reading articles on magazines on These Boats !!

PS
Marco, whose 38 is that one ? Has it raced ?
I think it competed in P1. I'm don't look a lot the new powerboat racing championships, therefore I am not very informed on these boats.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Marco is the yellow CUV Dino Biachi still there? Any idea wether that boat or Caldente's boat was the old San Bennedeto CUV?

So Hurricane was one of Delle Valle's boats?

I emailed the guy up in Canada, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try to call him after Christmas.

If I don't get the chance over the weekend... Buona Natale Marco and Merry Christmas to all!
About the yellow Dino Bianchi I think it's still there but not in that "cemetery".
The Caldente's boat it seems was the old San Benedetto of the son of Angelo Spelta,Damiano,in 1987.
The white CUV called Hurricane was the 41' tri-engines of Della Valle Eberhard in 1986,then became Missoni. If I remember well.

Merry X-mas to you and every people on OSO!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Hello Sean,
Panatta and his CUV Thuraya were 3rd in the Anzio leg of the Italia Powerboat Series just behind Renato Guidi 2nd, with his 41' CUV with Seatek engines and the 38'Donzi OSG 1st.
I'm still thinking to race my CUV in that series for the next year but I 'm very busy with the old race cars.
Marco,
if you have some info regarding my CUV's history i'll be happy to know it.
Thanks
and Merry Christmas to all
Patrick
Old 12-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Patrick! Merry Christmas! I'd been meaning to email you for months! I was wondering how your boat was doing and whether you'd had time to race it. In many ways I still regret not following through on our discussions, but the Camaro is in Australia now (racing this weekend as a matter of fact)...

Glad to hear that Thuraya is still competing. We don't get any european coverage other than Powerboat P1 here. And even that is after season's end, so really not too encompasing.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caldente
Hello Sean,
Panatta and his CUV Thuraya were 3rd in the Anzio leg of the Italia Powerboat Series just behind Renato Guidi 2nd, with his 41' CUV with Seatek engines and the 38'Donzi OSG 1st.
I'm still thinking to race my CUV in that series for the next year but I 'm very busy with the old race cars.
Marco,
if you have some info regarding my CUV's history i'll be happy to know it.
Thanks
and Merry Christmas to all
Patrick
Patrick,your 38' CUV I think was built in 1983 as the second 38' for Della Valle.
At that time was in red-white colours of the sponsorship Rothmans. Was the boat that mounted the V8 Marathons. In 1984 Della Valle started with the new V12 Lambo with a new 38' driving it alternatively with the other Ego-Cinzano Bianco 38' equipped with the V8.
In 1986 Della Valle was fully involved with the program with Lamborghini and he bought a new 41' equipped with three Lambo small block. the old 38' with the Marathons was sold to Alessandro Zodo that renamed it Trussardi in 1986,Dimensione Uomo in 1987 and repainted fully in white mounting a big wing over the stern Biancaneve in 1988.
Not sure what became it after. According to some info that I have
in 1990 the cicuit champs Maurizio Darai and Jacopo Carrain drove it in the first edition of the first Endurance race Venezia to Montecarlo repainted in pink and renamed GB Pedrini.
in 1991-92 was Pago Fruit-Gruppo dalle Carbonare with Carrain.
Attached Thumbnails Road trip to Italy let's go!-egorothmanskeywest.jpg   Road trip to Italy let's go!-my%2520photos%2520794.jpg  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 03-08-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Here in winged version as Biancaneve in 1988.
Attached Thumbnails Road trip to Italy let's go!-biancaneve88.jpg  
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Hello Marco
Thanks for all the info regarding my CUV,
I just sold it two weeks ago to british racer Tim Gimshawn to compete the Round Britain race.The boat will have the 558 race number like years ago
I hope i'll be able to buy another CUV in the future
Patrick
Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Can any one give me any information about the CUV as I am a young classic powerboat fan But unfortunately i do not remember any of these CUVS racing just two thuraya and dino bianchi can any one send me info(history)and pictures please

Quick Reply: Road trip to Italy let's go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.