Notices

My Resto Project

Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
I spoke with someone at M2 not to long ago about being a dealer/distributor, but so far all they have to sell is 21` cats.
Still interested.
7X , Please call me , JIM @ 401-942-2400 we need dealers .
I'd like to update you on our present position directly .
Thanks for your interest .
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Lets see more pictures please!

Dont make me drive to Bristol

Can I hitch a ride on that 62 also???
75 knots. 50,000lbs...............Thats what I,m talking about!

KR
Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Lets see more pictures please!

Dont make me drive to Bristol

Can I hitch a ride on that 62 also???
75 knots. 50,000lbs...............Thats what I,m talking about!

KR
KR , Where you been ? You will always be welcome . I'll keep you informed when we head out .
The Chris is still in Cranston , the stringers are out , the transom is next , even though it passed final inspection . A foam/epoxy/carbon one will lose the wood and potential for future rot . I'm spending a substantial sum on this baby and want it 100% .
The 62' is sitting at Brewer's on Greenwich Bay ( Chelo's ) . We are presently planning the first production hull . ( the present one is a fitted out test mule )
It's looking like 1200 Mans , two speed trans and Trimax drives will be propulsion .
My partner is too into gadgets , my opinion is make it comfortable , reliable , fuel efficient and FAST ! Look at the pics in previous post of the 62' . Does this vessel really need two HVAC systems ? Four plasma tv's ? Two full baths ?
I'd never cook on my boat , that's what restaurants are for .
My thoughts are two staterooms a generous salon , open cockpit as in rendering and fitted out as a high end muscle boat without going overboard .
We could get this hull to run some impressive speeds at the right weight , and , with the right diesel power turnkey always .
Any thoughts on this subject would be valued .
I'll post pics of the cut up Chris tomorrow . Promise .

Last edited by aex; 03-20-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 AM
aex
Registered

Looks more like mulch ! I'm replacing the transom and now I'm considering the rest of the bulkheads .
In for a penny in for a pound I guess .
I really need to get going here , last week I screwed off to much , I gotta stay on these guys .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-dcp_0002_0001.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0003_0001.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0005.jpg  

Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
aex
Registered

Transom is out , finally . The Itchiban crew in Bristol has me scheduled for early June to install the new reinforcements .
What a mess , but worth the effort .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-dcp_0001.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0004.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0002.jpg  

Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
The 62' is sitting at Brewer's on Greenwich Bay ( Chelo's ) . We are presently planning the first production hull . ( the present one is a fitted out test mule )
It's looking like 1200 Mans , two speed trans and Trimax drives will be propulsion .
My partner is too into gadgets , my opinion is make it comfortable , reliable , fuel efficient and FAST ! Look at the pics in previous post of the 62' . Does this vessel really need two HVAC systems ? Four plasma tv's ? Two full baths ?
I'd never cook on my boat , that's what restaurants are for .
My thoughts are two staterooms a generous salon , open cockpit as in rendering and fitted out as a high end muscle boat without going overboard .
We could get this hull to run some impressive speeds at the right weight , and , with the right diesel power turnkey always .
Any thoughts on this subject would be valued .
Are you sure she ran 46 KNOTS?.....or MPH?

What is the prop pitch and RPM?

Who will do the actual layups?

Are there Trimax drives on the boat now?

Will you run Rolla props?........ Herings?.....

T2x
Old 05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

youch - reminds me of my cockpit's floor. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Are you sure she ran 46 KNOTS?.....or MPH?

What is the prop pitch and RPM?

Who will do the actual layups?

Are there Trimax drives on the boat now?

Will you run Rolla props?........ Herings?.....

T2x
I had specd Tri Max w/ power trim , instead the architect , a New Zealender , lobbied for Q Speeds . I got out voted , however hull #2 will have Tri Max drives with power trim . The Q speeds were less money and are ok but on the fast version definitely Tri Max .
The present wheels are 40 pitch 29 Dia . They came from S&S in Long Island . We ran them once , then S&S added some cup and we are presently at 2200 rpm .
The speed was knots on gps w 40 degree temp at 80 degrees we'll probably lose 2 knts .
Our prototype was built in South Africa but from now on they will be built in Bristol , RI U.S.A..
I've spoken to the Itchiban boys regarding construction . They will probably team up with Billy from A.C.C. . ( still working out details )
We're having some renderings made of the performance version .
The next hull will be a 65' with some minor profile changes to sleeken it out , a bow change and only 6'4" cabin head room . ( it's presently 7'2" )
I'll post these renderings as soon as they are done and will also list it in the OSO classifieds .
Look forward to your input .
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your resto project...

Good luck with your restoration... keep the pictures coming!
Should you need any assistance with this project, its right up our alley. check us out when you have a chance!

www.legacycustommarine.com

thanks,
Steve
Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates or pics on the Chris Cat restore?

Quick Reply: My Resto Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.