Notices

My Resto Project

Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Due to the Itchiban guys work load they just took my boat in last week .
We are removing all the bulkheads and structure in the boat . I'll be posting photos soon .
The engines are in nice shape so I'm just doing a basic overhaul . ( pistons , rings , brgs , lifters , rockers , springs , cam , valves )
Where can I find a manual for the Daytona crash boxes ? I'd like to dissasemble , check them out and replace seals .
I'm considering a four man enclosed cockpit ( two + two ) Any ideas on canopies or windscreens ? Who sells them ? I've got a pair of F-16 canopies I may use , but right now my options are open so I'm going to research alternatives .
Originally the boat was a two man , but I can't resist having the sucker seats . You've got to share the experience , but of course never take unusual risks with innocents on board .
I'd really like to run in a Horba event next season , Pt. Pleasant if they'll let me and maybe some other north east races , I don't think there is a class for this boat in their series so that may not be possible .
I'll post photos of the inside real soon .
Thanks for your interest .
Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 AM
aex
Registered

Here are photos of latest progress . We are removing all the gridwork also . They are catching up with yacht work and should be going full force on the Chris .
This shop is directly across from Outer Limits service/rigging shop . I walked over yesterday to introduce myself and met Gary Garofalo , a great guy and racer . He offered assistance with the project . It's nice to know I have such a high caliber knowledge base right in my neighborhood .
Their shop is loaded with offshore exotica , way cool !
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-dcp_0001.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0003.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0005.jpg  

Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
Here are photos of latest progress . We are removing all the gridwork also . They are catching up with yacht work and should be going full force on the Chris .
This shop is directly across from Outer Limits service/rigging shop . I walked over yesterday to introduce myself and met Gary Garofalo , a great guy and racer . He offered assistance with the project . It's nice to know I have such a high caliber knowledge base right in my neighborhood .
Their shop is loaded with offshore exotica , way cool !
Is Gary the OPC racer from the 70's? If so give him my regards.

T2x
Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Is Gary the OPC racer from the 70's? If so give him my regards.

T2x
Yes , yes he is .
I'll stop by his office later this week and convey your message .
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM
aex
Registered

Here are preliminary renderings of the new '65 .
Later this week I should have some good glamour shots I'll be using in listings .
I'll attach a link to the OSO ad in this thread when I list it .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-andromeda.jpg   My Resto Project-andromeda1.jpg   My Resto Project-andromeda2.jpg  

Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
aex
Registered

And some colors .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-andromeda3.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the cabin height reduced to 6'4"? I really liked the project up until that point. So did my buddy Jim. Jim is 6'5" and I am 6'8". Clothes, shoes, vehicles, doors, and cabins are a short list of things tall people can't find to fit into. I personally like the look of the prototype boat. The added power and better drives would be enough. We cook lobster on the boat. Options are always great to add later to custom build for you customer.

The first thing I said, when I saw the 62 on page 1, Thats F*****G Bad AZZ! I think you have an awesome product that just needs a few tweaks.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
aex
Registered

The staterooms have close to 7' , the original prototype will be at Ft Lauderdale boat show .
This 65' is for the hardcore badazzez and yes you can cook on it if you desire .
Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
aex
Registered

The 65 is not being built because of lack of funds at this time . Too bad we didn't do this one first , I really think it would have turned heads .
My Chris however is proceeding nicely . The front structure is done and hull is in finish primer . Engine beds and transom are next . I'll post photos later today .
Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 AM
aex
Registered

Here are the Chris pics

http://cid-08c6c82d115a4a19.skydrive...ember%2018pics

Quick Reply: My Resto Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.