Notices

Magnum Owners

Old 03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sparky, an h2o, Thanks for the history on my boat I'll stop by your shop the next time im down, I have a set of lab finished 4-blade round ear bravo1 28p and a set off mirages 23p I'm looking for a set of cleavers too try, before I buy them an find out they won't work, anybody out there you know has a set I can try? I think the 4-blades are lifting the stern out the water too much but I'm just guessing, any ideas.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Len S
What drives do you have and what props size?????

Great looking boat, any pic's of the inside cockpit

Len
Len, did you see the pictures of the engines , the prop size right now is 28p with T.R.S. outdrives, I'llsend some more pics when I get the boat back out.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default magnum blower motors

Here is the only photo of the blowers in that magnum that I could find that was emailed to me from Ron, private message me and I can give you his info so you can contact him if you would like to talk to him.
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Owners-magnum-engines.jpg  
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Richard : those are the former inhabitants of your engine compartment. I had dave post them because because I dont have a paid subscription I thought somthing was up when you said valvetrain problems. these should not have had any problems.sparky found me the blowers and intercoolers.tyler did the motors,they had aluminum heads although I see you still have the stainless marine exhaust, those motors were fresh, they were definitly done right. and they were run hard on the dyno. but these dont apear to be the same engines.I wouldnt even have gotten rid of the boat except this guy came up with the right number,I couldent refuse in fact it wasnt really for sale. like spark said she flies great better than any other boat ive been in, the only thing i didnt like about it was there was nothing you could do with the cabin, all fuel tanks and thats it. even though it get obnoxious (at 3;00 am) you gotta love that dry exhaust ,I have other pics I will have to dig up. in various states and paint jobs. it had 335s when I bought it from kip plagens who bought it from sparky I may still have the original vents i made those aluminum one to update it a little RON
Old 03-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered

TOO JUSTBASSING & rtyvaert, were those blower motors small blocks, the picture wasn't too clear . The motors that I have in there now are merlin heads stainless & inconel valved , carillo rods .L.A crank Billet, solid roller billet , Jesel Pro valvetrain, J&E pistons, Jesel belt drive tall deck bowtie blocks 509 inch with Dominaters 1250c.f.m. They spin up pretty good , after I fixed the valvetrain issue with them I couldn't ask for a better running engine's they dynoed right at 700 hp and over 600ft. of torque.

Last edited by RICHARD A DROZE SR.; 03-26-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Richard, What transmisions do you have in that boat now? I know when ron sold it, it still had the old merc/ trs transmissions did you up grade to borg warner 72c's? I know they were on the borderline with the stock power.

Spark
Old 03-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Hey Spark, I have the TRS stock ones after I shreded both of them I went through them and beefed them up little, I used to own TRI- COUNTY TRANS, took what I learned from building drag race trans and applied it too these an " so far they have held together"
Old 03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered

There some parts in there you can use out of a C-6 ford [ planet an drums]
Old 03-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

they were big blocks I have the dyno sheets somewhere they were somwhere around 750hp 670 torque I will try and find the sheets and send them to you. dont waist your time with the cleavers, they are fine if they are free ron HEY SPARK: I have a few trophy pieces of the executioner, at the shop still. do you still want that skid of chopper glass
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rtyvaert
they were big blocks I have the dyno sheets somewhere they were somwhere around 750hp 670 torque I will try and find the sheets and send them to you. dont waist your time with the cleavers, they are fine if they are free ron HEY SPARK: I have a few trophy pieces of the executioner, at the shop still. do you still want that skid of chopper glass
Ron, Yes I do when can I pick it up? I need to wait till it quit's snowing or grab a van. Give me a call.

Spark

Quick Reply: Magnum Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.