Notices

31 corsa

Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corsa was the follow up company to the Martini which was the company started by the Bower Brothers. I had a 26 Martini and then later a 41 Corsa that was custom built with straight drives and surface piercing props. Neither were exceptionally fast but they were a great rough water ride. Better then my 24 Excaliber which was one of the first built by Bob Farmer an innovator in the early Go Fast boat market. His 31 was the original Reggie Fountain boat.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gypsyroamer
Corsa was the follow up company to the Martini which was the company started by the Bower Brothers. I had a 26 Martini and then later a 41 Corsa that was custom built with straight drives and surface piercing props. Neither were exceptionally fast but they were a great rough water ride. Better then my 24 Excaliber which was one of the first built by Bob Farmer an innovator in the early Go Fast boat market. His 31 was the original Reggie Fountain boat.

Bill Farmer
Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Knowing that this hull was used by so many companies, I have a 24' P&D that raced in a duel outboard sportsman class late 1980's early 90's Is this the same hull or something they made on thier own?? I do know its epoxy / kevlar layup with AWLGRIP prmer and paint and it needs a home.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Anyone have any info on the P&D boats ?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pedro and Domingez (sp.)
Miami based
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRS71
Knowing that this hull was used by so many companies, I have a 24' P&D that raced in a duel outboard sportsman class late 1980's early 90's Is this the same hull or something they made on thier own?? I do know its epoxy / kevlar layup with AWLGRIP prmer and paint and it needs a home.
Can you post pics, my dad had one built in the early 80's with an inboard and brings back many memories. It was a great boat.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty sure P&D was the same as Martini etc ...more or less I think they were all splashed off Excalibers, but it gets fuzzy...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
A guy named Paul Haggerty was involved with Corsa and did the design Later He had a company called PH factor custom boats.Now that could be the "Sprint deck" on the boat in the picture Also Cocktails had a Sprint Deck there were a couple real fast Corsas racing out of his shop near 58th street in Miami Cocktails was One Doug Janish did the motors and it was a National champion in M class.
The original boat was called Gara powerboats With Frank Thomas and Paul Hagerty. Nick Chapman did the lofting and molds with his son. Cortez was the glass team "Head Man" They only made a 30' first then a 40'. The first "glass"
40' went to Billy McDonald and was raced with a teak Ply deck for the first few races called the Impossible Dream, then when the "new" glass deck was ready ...it was
installed. Soon after , Ed Simms of Brigantine,NJ purchased it from Billy and with his throttle man Ron Groller
ran it in a few races. It had it's home under the Brigantine bridge at the Rum Point Pub that Ed owned.Ed named his boat "Rum Runner" Gara and Corsa boats were NEVER a copy of any other boat.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
A guy named Paul Haggerty was involved with Corsa and did the design Later He had a company called PH factor custom boats.Now that could be the "Sprint deck" on the boat in the picture Also Cocktails had a Sprint Deck there were a couple real fast Corsas racing out of his shop near 58th street in Miami Cocktails was One Doug Janish did the motors and it was a National champion in M class.
The original boat was called Gara powerboats With Frank Thomas and Paul Hagerty. Later turned to a new name Corsa Powerboats. Nick Chapman did the lofting and molds with his son. Cortez was the glass team "Head Man" They only made a 30' first then a 40'. The first "glass"
40' went to Billy McDonald and was raced with a teak Ply deck for the first few races called the Impossible Dream, then when the "new" glass deck was ready ...it was
installed. Soon after , Ed Simms of Brigantine,NJ purchased it from Billy and with his throttle man Ron Groller
ran it in a few races. It had it's home under the Brigantine bridge at the Rum Point Pub that Ed owned.Ed named his boat "Rum Runner" Gara and Corsa boats were NEVER a copy of any other boat.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Registered

Jimmy Monaco was the owner of Big Red Machine and has been in prison,most at Florence Supermax,for drug trafficking and putting a hit out on a female DA prosecuting him. He and Gene Hicks ran that team and also utilized it to run dope along with an armada both stolen and purchased. They were convicted of piracy as well,so yeah,they were pretty wild.

Quick Reply: 31 corsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.