Notices

Beep Beep 38 Coyote

Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Hey Sonny,

Long time. Still got the 46' Scarab? Next time you're down from Fitz, lets get some lunch.

Todd
Hey Todd, we still have the '46 Gentry boat. PM me your information if you want to do lunch. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Hey Sonny,

Long time. Still got the 46' Scarab? Next time you're down from Fitz, lets get some lunch.

Todd
I will start to build more 38ft MSV hulls in 2010 ,with custom decks. sonny
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Hello all,

My apologies for not getting back. I can't beleive its been over a year. I had no idea there were so many replys to my first thread. To be honest I have been extremnely busy with starting a 2nd company and my first child who will be 2 this March!
To confirm a few things first we are now finally going to list Beep Beep. I have no idea where to start. Your help to price her out would be greatly appreciated.
She is one amazing boat and cuts through the waves like a knife.
to recap: she is a 1984 38' Coyote SE redone in 2003 with new twin 496 SHO 8.1L w/#3 speedmasters, new Gaffrig guages, new dash, new upholstery, New paint, New Batteries, Like New Continental trailor with less then 200 miles on it, She has 4x70 and 2 x 50 Gallon fuel tanks.
Here is a short video I took last weekend in front of my warehouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBHx92_YXR4
your help is greatly appreciated as I would like to find her a great home. Someone who knows the history and will take pride in taking care of her.

Cheers!
JC

Originally Posted by Beep Beep
Hello all,
Its been some time since I've posted and unfortunetly this post comes at no pleasure.

Due to some unforseen circumstances we will need to put Beep Beep up for sale. I know the market conditions are extremely unfavorable at the moment but I was hoping someone maybe able to shed some light as to what a fair asking price would be for a boat of this kind?

Currently the boat has been pretty much completly redone built in 1982 and rigged with twin 2005 496 ho's (around 100 hrs, speedmasters #3's, new gafrig guages, new paint scheme (all white with two blue striped), new batteries, and a Continental trailer.

Your help with an idea would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
JC

Last edited by Beep Beep; 02-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very cool..looks sharp...

Hello all,

My apologies for not getting back. I can't beleive its been over a year. I had no idea there were so many replys to my first thread. To be honest I have been extremnely busy with starting a 2nd company and my first child who will be 2 this March!
To confirm a few things first we are now finally going to list Beep Beep. I have no idea where to start. Your help to price her out would be greatly appreciated.
to recap: she is a 1984 38' Coyote SE redone in 2005/2006 with new twin 496 SHO 8.1L w/#3 speedmasters, new Gaffrig guages, new dash, new upholstery, New paint, New Batteries, Like New Continental trailor with less then 200 miles on it, She has 4x70 and 2 x 50 Gallon fuel tanks.
your help is greatly appreciated as I would like to find her a great home. Someone who knows the history and will take pride in taking care of her.

Cheers!
JC
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello all,

to recap: she is a 1984 38' Coyote SE redone in 2005/2006 with new twin 496 SHO 8.1L w/#3 speedmasters, new Gaffrig guages, new dash, new upholstery, New paint, New Batteries, Like New Continental trailor with less then 200 miles on it, She has 4x70 and 2 x 50 Gallon fuel tanks.

Cheers!
JC
Is this the Ole', Beep Beep ? Charlie's design / Banana hull?
J.C. Simon's deck? Don't look like it.

????

Beep Beep 38 Coyote-beep-beep.jpg
Old 01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Your first post called the hull a 1982 model. Your last post called it a 1984 model. Which is it?

By the way, Joel Halpern, the racer who campaigned "Beep Beep", died in 1981.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Is this the Ole', Beep Beep ? Charlie's design / Banana hull?
J.C. Simon's deck? Don't look like it.

????

Attachment 437810
Paradox- I actually got the straight up facts from the man himself.
[Top Banana ]
"Beep Beep....your boat comes from my 38 foot mold...the first boats made were banana boats. I hired JC Simon to design an Open class race boat for me.

I built the 38 and the 34 out of the same mold and sold them as banana boats. JC Simon later used the same mold and built Coyotes .....but the mold was eventually sold to Sonic....they added a swim platform on the back and that is now their 42 footer."

Thanks
JC
Old 01-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Your first post called the hull a 1982 model. Your last post called it a 1984 model. Which is it?

By the way, Joel Halpern, the racer who campaigned "Beep Beep", died in 1981.
Tx2- My apologies. She was completed in 1984 and titled so.
Sometimes I get confused bc she was started in 1982.

I will try to edit the original post. thanks for noticing.
Cheers!
JC

Last edited by Beep Beep; 01-25-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Here is a photo of the dash. Notice J.C Simon's signature on the right hand side. Sorry my camera doesnt do much justice for the dash as its a very clean shiny metalic blue.
Cheers
JC

Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Is this boat the original 38 raceboat Beep Beep?? You have it listed as a Coyote, but Joel's boat was a Cobra?? Explanation please. Thanks
I built all the hulls for Mr. Joel Halpern at the length of 38 feet. They were named MSV/Cobra 38' race hulls and the underside had three running strakes. All of Mr. Halpern's Cobras were named Beepbeep. Mr. Simon had nothing to do with these hulls. Mr. Halpern used the Italian deck design ontop of these 38' hulls. I also made him some pleasure hulls at 38 foot. Same bottom, same deck. All called MSV/Cobra 38's in the early 1980's.

-Sonny Miller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.