Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Boat

Great piece of history-
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

It’s been a while and don’t I know it. I’m ready to get this thing done.
Tomorrow is my birthday and that means it’s been 2 years since I brought the boat home on the newly redone Thunderbird trailer (another month).
The V drive was a major roadblock. It sat in Florida and had some work done to it for about 16 months. After no progress for a number of months due to many reasons I asked for all the pieces back.
For some reason no one would even try just to put it together. Everything was always wrong all the time. Wrong gaskets, wrong gears, etc, etc. I sat down for a couple days, did some reading and measuring and figured it out and I’ve never seen one except running in a boat before. I’m not 100% saying I fixed it but it’s all going back together just like I read it would go so …… I had to try. Everything rotates smooth and with ease. Here’s hoping it stays that way. If it don’t work I will work on fixing it over the winter but at least I can get the motors in the boat and out of the garage.
So there is updates to the movie. http://supernova19.com/Hosting%20stuff/101.wmv
The first motor will go in tomorrow. Updates will follow.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
I have 16 months in mine so far. All done in my front yard. If that's not love I don't know what is.
Awesome job.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Got a late start yesterday but when I did get going the first thing was getting the boat going. Meaning getting it uncovered completely, all the straps removed, hatches locked, bearing greased, tie down straps on, hooked up to the truck and off we went. To the gas station. The tanks have never had a drop of gas in them and I was not toting gas at 5 gallons a trip so it had to be done.
On the way I decided to stop at the park to get a couple glamour shots just for kicks.
I get back to the house from the gas station trip and checked all the hubs on the trailer with my Infrared Temperature Sensor and all was good. Start sweeping out the driveway and the thunder started. Get the boat back in the driveway and covered up just in time before the rain came. And it rained and rained and rained until dark. So no attempt on a motor start yesterday. Maybe today if I can find the time.
I did get all the 12 volt wiring for the winch done in the truck so at least I got something done.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome job !!! Congrats...I have been following the progress on your site since you started and I commend all of your hard work and dedication.

Angel
Old 09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

This has been one of the coolest restores yet and I love that it is on a 24 Nova .
I have always said that they were an Icon with their bold unusual looks and the fact that after Wellcraft bought out Brownie they brought a big safe offshore boat to the masses.

Love it, can't wait to hear how it runs.

Once again congratulations on saving a great boat.

Last edited by tommymonza; 09-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Thanks!
http://supernova19.com/Hosting%20stuff/101.wmv
Movie has the same address but has been updated as I go. Almost done now. Just got to pull a motor that filled up with water on it's first start.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Registered

Sorry to here your motor filled with water, was it a cylinder or did it go into the crankcase? Just a little more time and you will have it ready to go! I like how you fixed your v-drive, looks great. I wonder why the guy you sent the drive to just didn't fix it, looks like it was in reasonable shape.
Your boat looks awesome! I think your efforts were well placed. Maybe someday I will see it in person, until then please post your videos and pics i would love to see it run!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inspirational !
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Speechless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.