Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
82 Searay, what's she worth >

82 Searay, what's she worth

Notices

82 Searay, what's she worth

Old 06-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really liked the boat a bunch, it had great appeal from dockside at the marina, and especially in the salon. The aft cabin lower berth looks as it's never even been sat on must less slept in. All the fabric on the setee shows as brand new, and all the woodwork inside was nice and moist even though it hadn't been oiled in several years. When I checked the electrial systems and everything worked I was hooked.
The seller wanted 12 but said he'd settle at 10, but I couldn't see the value in a 10k bet. I asked how long she'd been listed and he told me that in a year it had shown 5 or 6 times with only one offer at 6k, I was like you'd have been better off moving this unit back in 07 when it would have fetched that kind of coin. I offered up just how pathetic the prices that boats are capturing now and most especially with the 29 yr old age of his boat that the most I would go would be 7 cash right here on the spot and you won't hurt my feelings by not accepting.
If I'd of known about this boat before I wouldn't have purchased the 38 and would have scored this for overnighting and looked for a smaller faster boat to hot rod around in.
My boat is pretty fast for the model and the size bit it's a phucking premium gas pig!!! And although it has great overnight capabilities it's still way small in the salon and cockpit compared to true cruisers.
I'm thinking about contacting a marine fabricator to see if there's any way to build a large swinging swim platform with hydraulic jacks that I could jack down to below level off of the back of the transom, pull jetskis on, and jack back up to level for hauling them. This would be great for me when I've got kids with me and it would also make a great swim party platform for a small table and some chairs. It'll just look ugly in the totally upright position, and then maybe just keeping both.

Thanks for all y'alls insight,
Kelly
Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Probably the best guess.

Although I'd like to find out where the 25k guy lives... We should send all of our boats there.

Bottom line in this economy... a boat is only worth what someone can barrow to buy it.. An '82 hull is a very hard sell to ANY finance company.
.....................................You got that right ! , , also the economy is still spiraling downward , so last years sale prices really do not mean squat, here at the yard , with brand new 28 Gradywhites going for almost $ 200,000 , I can see why a older boat could sell.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My cousin bought an 87 like that with a single and no AC/Genset, very clean though, last year with a POS trailer for 4k.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 775 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEESE
We sell boats like that for about $ 25,000 , or so , its a fun boat for the family man, go to the beach or cove + anchor out there for a while .
Jesus Christ - Can you broker my Cafe for me?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go over to www.clubsearay.com and have those guys give you a good estimate. May even find a buyer, if it was an 89 or newer I would be interested. I am moving up from my Sea Ray 220 to a 28 or 30 this year if everything works out...