Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Any Fino pictures aot there?? >

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Notices

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rautbords Fino and his HELICOPTER !!

This was sent in by Bobby 'Rautbord's Daughter. It Bobby driving and there is the helicopter he owned. I heard he had on of these. This is from a Family album so I assume it has never been seen.
Attached Thumbnails Any Fino pictures aot there??-dsc01771.jpg  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Any more information on the Fino's??
Attached Thumbnails Any Fino pictures aot there??-173.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bert and friends,
Thanks again for the hat and shirt. I will wear them with pride.
Looking over the website with my wife and daughter, I remembered something..brain fart I guess..the stern light/skitow was also fitted with a flag. That's the round hole in the top. We had to buy a wooden pole and cut down the base so it would fit. Since it didn't fit too well, there are many still in the bay.
Good luck with that..
Butch
Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----Hi Butch,,,Glad you liked the duds! I found that brand shirt down at the Anglers Club next to Ocean Reef outside of Key Largo. Figured if it was good enough for the rich folk it would be good enough for the likes of us!!!! My Fino was flagless when I bought it. Not knowing what was used I made up a stainless pole that has a short section of rubber hose on the bottom where it goes in the sternlight cast piece. So far so good.......Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 10-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobby always had an Ocean Reef flag on his boat, as he had a place down there. I remember a Fino flag when the first boats were built, with the Fino emblem on them. There were a couple boats built that were unusual. One was sold to a chemical engineer from NJ. he invented some sheets of aluminum that looked like a cheese grater, and had us put them on the bottom. The object was to reduce drag by creating tiny air pockets. It worked. The boat had a softer ride and was slightly faster, maybe a mph or two. The hull was red, white deck. We towed it to NJ for an ocean race. Tony ran with the owner. It was so foggy I don't think the race was ever completed. I ended up in a bar with some other guys waiting for results. The other was a brown boat. Hull and deck the same color with a slightly different brown interior. You either liked it or hated it. I liked it. We sold it to a guy named Duke Dawson in NY. His office was where the French Connection chase was. I just remember a lot of red bricks. There were a lot of rumors about his occupation, but he was a nice guy. A black man.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

Default Walt Walters contact info ?????????

Walt Walters

I would like to contact Walt Walters. I hear he lives in Florida winters. Well, it's as winter as it gets in Minnesota where I hear he lives summers.
Can any one tell me where or how to get in touch with Walt?
Would like to talk to him about the Fino design.

Thanks in advance, Bert
[email protected]
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Many more boats listed and more information.
Please let us know if you have something to ad.
Thanks
www.finomarine.com
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Bert, good chatting with you today and thank you for sending the gift.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Bert,

I want to thank you again for sending the name plate. I received it in the mail today. My father was also in town so I shared it with him.

Frank
Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Frank,
I am glad that it is in your hands. I hope your Father got some pleasure out of seeing that plaque. Tell him he was one of the lucky guys that can say they had a Fino. He is a member of a small and elite group.
Call anytime.
Bert
Attached Thumbnails Any Fino pictures aot there??-imag4245.jpg   Any Fino pictures aot there??-dsc_0192.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.