Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Any Fino pictures aot there?? >

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Notices

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Old 09-18-2019, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Still there waiting for you......

Originally Posted by gavinson
Hello.

I can't get this boat out of my mind. I haven't been able to do so for years now.

Something on the order of twenty years ago, a friend took me to outside the city limits to show me an unfinished boat hull sitting on the ground at a marine junk yard/mechanic/storagelot/builder. It was a blue Fino 30. I gazed at it for hours it seems, and wondered how the this thing could just be sitting out here on the ground. What the hell was wrong with the world, I thought. My friend went on to live a normal life, while I was stuck with this damn boat in my brain. It was everything I wanted. Classic lines. Notched for Arnesons. You're not gonna see another at the marina. The molds for it also sat on the ground not more than 50 yards away. I came to understand that the molds were purchased from Florida and brought here. A couple of hulls were laid up, one was blue and one was red. The red one went off to a buyer "somewhere", and the blue one sat in front of me. Somehow a "third" hull was sent to Seattle where it was being finished and offered for an arm, leg, thigh, neck, and shoulder. (I eventually tracked that down to Yadfish Yatchs). I was not in the position at the time to financially undertake the project, but I drove back out there from time to time over the next years checking to it to see if it was still sitting there. Even though it was moved a couple of times, it was still there. At one point, I even chased down some used Arnesons and put up a down payment them, hoping that the toy gods might shine on me someday soon.

I eventually came to a point that I thought time and money might allow me to take on the project, so I went out to make them an offer on the hull. They told me that they had traded the hull to a guy for a trailer from a semi-truck which they needed for storage, but that he had never come to pick up the hull. A couple of years went by and still he had not picked up the hull. I tried to track him down but really had nothing to go on. I eventually let the Arnesons go, and gave up. Except, of course, I still have this boat in my head.

So someone tell me, what part of this story do I have wrong? Is this the red hull?

Old 10-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Fino pictures aot there

the most disciplined traders were always the few women who took part. The bosses used to tear their hair out trying to find more women to go and work there.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fino SOLD, GONE, DELIVERED!

[QUOTE=bertsboat;4706897]

This Fabulous Fino is off to a new owner. I have enjoyed researching the history of these rare boats over the last few years. If you want to know more about these rare boats please visit Fino 30 sport boat while it’s still up. Life is pushing me in a different direction now and I will pass the torch to a younger generation of dreamers. But, please any pictures or information you find here for the future boaters. Remember, the fastest way to become a millionaire in the boating industry is to start out a billionaire.