Any Fino pictures aot there?? >

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Notices

Any Fino pictures aot there??

Old 08-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

More,
"Never knew this!? And I thought you were "just" a Porsche guy! lol...All great information & without S & F, it would probably never be known. I had no idea Bobby Rautbord ever owned Magnum. Was'nt he a tennis pro or something in his youth, & married money? I think Booby Moore retired to either North or South Carolina somewhere. Not sure. Thanks for history lesson Butch!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Bobby's family owned APECO..they were a big copy machine company..the only real competition was Zerox..Bobby and his brother Clayton built Apeco Marina next to Magnum..one of the first dry rack storage places in the south in 1966..Later changed to Atlas, then to HiLift..Bobby was a developer, he built the Carriage House on the Beach, Playboy Hotel was right next door..It was the PLACE to be seen..Around 70, they bought Magnum from Don..Bobby, Don and Bob Magoon were best buddies..They would play tennis at Bobbys house on the Beach a few times a week..They were always in competition with each other on who could buy the best toys..Bobby bought a Jet Ranger..then Don bought one..then had a Corvette built by George Barris, it was called the Fino Vette..he sold it to John Crouse..Don had Mark Donahue build a couple trick Camaros for the street..I think Magoon had one of these too..These guys loved to play and have fun, and they did it in grand style..They were a lot of fun to be around..Rautbord was the best boss I ever had..Bobby married a gorgeous gal named Patty Lou..named some of his boats after her..He owned an Ice Cream factory in Chicago when he was young, he told me..the best ice cream ever made..his weight went to over 300 lbs, his dad made him sell it..he stayed trim after that..He is missed by lots of people..Knocky House loved him..He died of cancer in Aspen..his home was between John Denvers and Jill St Johns..
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

it was green matallic, or another one. man miami beach was tha chit in those days, Jackie Gleason, herd he was a real poolshark, like take yo money for real. do you know Randy Rabe? i belive he was kickin around there a bit. fun
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

he Vette was a strange brown color..not metallic..it looked like a mini station wagon, for want of a better word..Shooting Brake, as they say in the UK..John could have painted it any color he wanted to
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

i remember some ground effects in front, and some mod to the back, can't swear to the station wagon look but i've seen that, i was in awe, probably the biggest n coolest house i had ever seen and a collection of brass diving helments. shooting brake? fun out
Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Registered

Bill 'olredalert' on donzi.net identified the car on a carsite a few years back. See photo and link; http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...220852&page=35
Old 08-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Default Fino Vette

Fino Vette
http://c3registry.org/index.php?job=...15249&uid=3809
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Here is a few pic's of Bill's Fino on it's new hoist nicely placed next to his Donzi.
Attached Thumbnails Any Fino pictures aot there??-fino-04498.jpg   Any Fino pictures aot there??-fino-donzi-dsc04503.jpg   Any Fino pictures aot there??-fino-donzi-dsc04502.jpg  

Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----Thanks Mark! always appreciated......Bill S
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now THATS a Boatlift

Bill, Wow is all I can say. In Maryland we call that a Shipyard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.