Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
gettin the old bird together >

gettin the old bird together

Notices

gettin the old bird together

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He's making way to install that 454...setting up for a Bravo install in the F3.

I got my Bravo Transom assemblies in today and cut grass also...school over next 2 weekends so I won't get anything else done.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

timing chain cams on both engines and valvetrain installed and adjusted .. need to tack weld my oil pump pick ups and buy some intake bolts.. thats the next step take some more pics once thats on.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Sounds like you turned the corner...buildig instead of tearing out.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

jason ans sprink. you both talk about the fact that it isn't worth the price of the parts when done and you will just buy a better-newer hull. save the old pre-alpha housings so you have something to give away with the old hulls. you won't have the heart to junk them. this way somebody else can put 350-alphas back in them cheap and use the rest of your work. and you'll know your old boat is still ok...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
jason ans sprink. you both talk about the fact that it isn't worth the price of the parts when done and you will just buy a better-newer hull. save the old pre-alpha housings so you have something to give away with the old hulls. you won't have the heart to junk them. this way somebody else can put 350-alphas back in them cheap and use the rest of your work. and you'll know your old boat is still ok...
This is a truth.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

we speak as in if it ever happens.. chances of me upgrading to a newer hull who knows.. i doubt it.. but theres always that option of pulling my rebuilt stuff and swapping if something happened to the 255
as far as it not worth it its worth every dime to me when done as my family will get to enjoy it and theres not that many around these parts.. good idea and agree with ya..
Old 04-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jason y
timing chain cams on both engines and valvetrain installed and adjusted .. need to tack weld my oil pump pick ups and buy some intake bolts.. thats the next step take some more pics once thats on.
OK, what is up with this? The oil pickups are just pressed into the oil pump on SBC, do most people tack weld them also?

Need an answer on this one SOON!!! Or is this just on the big blocks?

thank you,

Brian

Last edited by befu; 04-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by befu
OK, what is up with this? The oil pickups are just pressed into the oil pump on SBC, do most people tack weld them also?

thank you,

Brian
pressed on from the factory,,i and most others will tack the tube to the oil pump to keep the pick up tube from falling off..

@ jayson,,did the boat oe have I 6's in it? what is your center to center measurements on the center of the gimbal bearings?..
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by befu

thank you,

Brian
This is an old Smokey Yunick trick from the '60's. I have tacked them in or used epoxy.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered

yes the 2 original pumps i pulled out of the 454,s where tacked on all the sbc,s i used to rebuild to use as race enginesdid not have the pickup welded from factory.. i always welded them on just 2 good tacks will do.. gonna try to get mine done tomorrow been busy with other things...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.