Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
mistress or kv scarab >

mistress or kv scarab

Notices

mistress or kv scarab

Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine out on this past Tuesday..........couldn't resist a 65 degree day in December.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I liked my Mistress. Drove great, never needed Tab. Throttle and go, great balance.
Attached Thumbnails mistress or kv scarab-cig1.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-mistress.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-dash.jpg  

Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Short Freeboard compared to the Top Gun
Attached Thumbnails mistress or kv scarab-mistress-cabin-2.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-mistress-cabin.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-motor1.jpg  

Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

To all those that run in the ocean.......how do you keep ahead of the corrosive salt and it's effects on the engines?...Even with CC and flushing must still be half the life of a fresh water boat no???......... 2 very top notched breds of boats!...KV is my choice here!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default so true but IRRItating

Originally Posted by Full Force
I think any KV or Mistress over 25,000 with no updating is pushing it for price, if its more it better have at least newer gauges/throttles/exhaust/hydraulic steering and such...

just so many deals out there, I got very lucky finding mine with no power... and I have a rotted Baja for the doner boat...worked out well..I'm in mine CHEAP..
So true but what can you do when the vendor thinks his boat is worth so much more then the same one that isn't his... or he just wants to rip you off.... I have been negotiating for too long now really annoying me as I like the boat but know it is not worth that price!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by way2fast
So true but what can you do when the vendor thinks his boat is worth so much more then the same one that isn't his... or he just wants to rip you off.... I have been negotiating for too long now really annoying me as I like the boat but know it is not worth that price!
Cash talks fast, and remind him NOBODY is buying old boats or even newer boats for big money these days, and loans wont happen on older ones... cash is king, thats how i goit mine...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 28cigarettess
Had mine out on this past Tuesday..........couldn't resist a 65 degree day in December.

How can anyone not love the lines on a 38 Flatdeck scarab!

Hows yours running? Race hatches look great.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I liked my Mistress. Drove great, never needed Tab. Throttle and go, great balance.
I think you had one of the nicest mistresses around. If I remember right, your engines were around 650HP? How fast did it run? How does the ride compare to your gun?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I think you had one of the nicest mistresses around. If I remember right, your engines were around 650HP? How fast did it run? How does the ride compare to your gun?
I had between 650-675 NA engines. I ran 75 all the time when it was a TRS boat. Then I got the Konrads and the boat would run 77-78. I also think I could have done some prop work and probably gotten 80 out of it. But I sold it, and I don't really care to much on the top speed.

The mistress always rode perfect, never really needed to play with it much. I had big tabs, but I never had to adjust them. I kept them one quick click up from neutral and never needed to adjust it. The boat ran great, The only draw back of the mistress was the freeboard. I am 6' 5" and the freeboard made it look kind of ridiculous.

The top gun needs some adjustment once in a while. However, I am running alot faster. The Top Gun likes to fly with nose up a little. I also have a super High X Dimension on the gun with 3A drives. They act like 5's with the high x. Kind of likse surface drives. I have the 1:68 ratio and spin some Tall Wheels

Thanks for the compliments ( I like the Guns Freeboad, Cabin, Ect.)
Attached Thumbnails mistress or kv scarab-ciggy3.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-int-frt.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-engine1.jpg  

Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I had between 650-675 NA engines. I ran 75 all the time when it was a TRS boat. Then I got the Konrads and the boat would run 77-78. I also think I could have done some prop work and probably gotten 80 out of it. But I sold it, and I don't really care to much on the top speed.

The mistress always rode perfect, never really needed to play with it much. I had big tabs, but I never had to adjust them. I kept them one quick click up from neutral and never needed to adjust it. The boat ran great, The only draw back of the mistress was the freeboard. I am 6' 5" and the freeboard made it look kind of ridiculous.

The top gun needs some adjustment once in a while. However, I am running alot faster. The Top Gun likes to fly with nose up a little. I also have a super High X Dimension on the gun with 3A drives. They act like 5's with the high x. Kind of likse surface drives. I have the 1:68 ratio and spin some Tall Wheels

Thanks for the compliments ( I like the Guns Freeboad, Cabin, Ect.)
Sorry to get off topic, but what speeds are you seeing in the Top gun and with what power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.