mistress or kv scarab

Notices

mistress or kv scarab

Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I've not ridden on a 38kv however I think it's tough for any boat smaller in size to outride a bigger one.

The question is how much boat is enough for when and where you want to use it.

I went from a 38 Bertram CS to a 29 Mirage.....a difference that is apples to pineapples compared to these two boats.

The 38 gave me the opportunity to boat almost anytime I wanted on the Lake where I live. A luxury the Mirage doesn't offer me. However the Mirage is much more economical and easier to dock ( without help ). It requires a much smaller tow vehicle to move it around and it much easier to launch.

I think in a comparison it would be tough for the Mistress to out ride the 38 however maybe you don't need the extra 3 feet where you are going to run it?

Both look to be amazing boats, as I've seen the Cig in person and as a very picky guy I can tell you it's extremely nice. Buy the cleaner nicer boat.......take it from a fellow old boat fan the better condition boat is the better buy.
Joe I did the same thing going from a 38' KV to a 29' Mirage, your right much easer to handle & my Mirage was faster with less power than the Scarab. Now that I'm back to a 27' Magnum it's the right hull for me on Lake St Clair. If ever I wanted a larger boat again Jims Lady Of The Lakes Cig would be the boat. Mark
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KV for sure those boats are absolutely beautiful!!! The Mistress is nice also don't get me wrong, but as far as looks and cabin amenities Scarab all the way!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Scarab all the way----- of course I guess I am a little biased on the subject.

Jim
Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Joe I did the same thing going from a 38' KV to a 29' Mirage, your right much easer to handle & my Mirage was faster with less power than the Scarab. Now that I'm back to a 27' Magnum it's the right hull for me on Lake St Clair. If ever I wanted a larger boat again Jims Lady Of The Lakes Cig would be the boat. Mark
I agree. The Mirage is really fun. I miss the size of the Bertram but the 29 is a fun ride. If I was moving up in size on the pond you and I boat that 35 cig would be perfect.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
for sure agree, my mistress is perfect for me, no water keeps me on land, I use it every single weekend and overnight every weekend with my girls and sometimes the 2 dogs...

I know how good the mistress rides, I am told the 38 is basically the same even though its 3 ft longer, I am told the 35 rides better then the 38 Cig, due to COG or somethin g... I have no idea, either way they cant be much different if at all I would assume..I have been on newer stepped 38's, so I cant compare that.. totally different feel overall..

The comment about the nicer boat bein g better.... AMEN.... been there.... sunk WAY too much money into redong my 32 Baja and still was not done...so yes.... go for the better/done boat in my opinion!
I've been on a mistress and my family has had a few TG's.....The gun is a better ride for sure......it's simply bigger and hence better in big stuff.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I've been on a mistress and my family has had a few TG's.....The gun is a better ride for sure......it's simply bigger and hence better in big stuff.
My buddy went from a Mistress to a gun and told me opposite, guess it all depends... mistress is one heavy azz 35 I know that, thats one thing I like about it, the water does not shove the boat around at all...
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered

Kv
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Scarab all the way----- of course I guess I am a little biased on the subject.

Jim
Ok time to pile on LOL

One at the dock

And a pic taken on the first of the 2 happiest days of a boaters life

Can't say much about the mistress either way but I do love my little 28 cig too.

By the way I have become friends with the guy that sold me my Kaama Edition. He was so upset that he sold the boat that 9 months later he went out and bought another one. Here we are out on Barnegat Bay.

Last edited by 28cigarettess; 11-30-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

28cig nice setup.........do you flip a coin or how does that work when you are going out on the water for which boat you are going to ride that day?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
My buddy went from a Mistress to a gun and told me opposite, guess it all depends... mistress is one heavy azz 35 I know that, thats one thing I like about it, the water does not shove the boat around at all...
Yup, I was the one that said that.... those two boats are completely different. The gun runs so light in the bow. It needs trim in the rough.... the mistress was a tank.. Not much trim needed. It was not super fast but it was consistent... I could only imagine what an Apache is like.... In 3 to 4' lake Erie slop it ate it up.. The gun needs a little more work to keep it in the water and get that solid ride...... Keep in mind I dont race and am just happy to keep my pants clean when the waves get bigger than 5 to 6's.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.