Notices

thunder boats????

Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My father built Thunder Boats on Long Island back in the 80's Only 3 were built - all 28' long - a red one, a white one and a blue one. The blue one was outboard boat with Gil brackets and ws sold a long time ago, the red one was sold without any power and he still has the white one - interior is 70's brown, it has small block chevys with volvo drives and yes - it is a mess...so maybe that's the boat - it was the "test" boat... If not, this is an interesting coincidence.

here's the boat and please no flames - these are the boats that gave me the offshore bug...I designed the logo at age 12. This venture by my dad led me to own 5 Cigarettes over the years and we had a lot of fun on this boat as well as the blue one.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/3326680683.html

Last edited by Sean; 11-28-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Found the Boat
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean
My father built Thunder Boats on Long Island back in the 80's Only 3 were built - all 28' long - a red one, a white one and a blue one. The blue one was outboard boat with Gil brackets and ws sold a long time ago, the red one was sold without any power and he still has the white one - interior is 70's brown, it has small block fords with volvo drives and yes - it is a mess...so maybe that's the boat - it was the "test" boat... If not, this is an interesting coincidence.

here's the boat and please no flames - these are the boats that gave me the offshore bug...I designed the logo at age 12. This venture by my dad led me to own 5 Cigarettes over the years and we had a lot of fun on this boat as well as the blue one.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/3326680683.html
Thats the one!! I have been trying to get a hold of the # listed and nothing in return??
Brett
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black thunder 46
Thats the one!! I have been trying to get a hold of the # listed and nothing in return??
Brett
My folks are pretty busy this time of year with their christmas tree business... if he doesnt pick up, leave him a message and he'll call you back.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Thunder Boats was started by Bob Oetringer,he sold the molds and they eventually became Active Thunder. Bob can be reached at [email protected] and is located in North Ft. Meyers. He is one of the good guys out there and does a great job on anything he works on. Bud

x2! Thunderboat Bob. That boat currently sits at his "compound" in N. Ft. Myers. He's a fantastic guy and a hellova boat builder/restorer. He's a wealth of knowledge and one of the good guys.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Boat

Is this the 28ft in Riverhead?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommynomad
Is this the 28ft in Riverhead?
It was up east forgot where at.
Brett