Jesse James quad superboat? >

Jesse James quad superboat?

Notices

Jesse James quad superboat?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chewiekw
does anyone know who did the restore? I heard steve at legacy marine was working on it a few years ago but not sure if he went through with the project....
Different boat, he had another Arasaki boat there
Old 12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Says 200 Kilometers, so, 124MPH
It was designed to run 150mph with 900 hp motors, so i would think that 150 would be doable with 1000hp motors...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
Awesome! I could not have predicted a better response.

The props don't look as huge as the originals were reported to be... to me anyways.

T2x does the steering look original????
I can't tell a damn thing from the pictures, but the shaft thickness and splines would prevent anything but the original wheels on that hull. We had 4 and 5 blade wheels. The 5's worked best. The boat got up to over 140 a few times even though we never had all (or most of) the engines in full song at the same time....ever. She should be stable to 200+ and with today's power could probably get there. On the other hand she would be unbeatable with 4 diesels in rough seas or for record runs from NY-Bermuda....Miami -NY....etc with that configuration. In most cases boats that wind up in Japan are left to rot. This one seems to have had some TLC, but I had heard tales of her sitting open to the weather for years. Maybe she's been rebuilt or redecked ...hopefully more details will emerge. On the other hand this boat is 25 years old and we've all moved on.

Amen
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I can't tell a damn thing from the pictures, but the shaft thickness and splines would prevent anything but the original wheels on that hull. We had 4 and 5 blade wheels. The 5's worked best. The boat got up to over 140 a few times even though we never had all (or most of) the engines in full song at the same time....ever. She should be stable to 200+ and with today's power could probably get there. On the other hand she would be unbeatable with 4 diesels in rough seas or for record runs from NY-Bermuda....Miami -NY....etc with that configuration. In most cases boats that wind up in Japan are left to rot. This one seems to have had some TLC, but I had heard tales of her sitting open to the weather for years. Maybe she's been rebuilt or redecked ...hopefully more details will emerge. On the other hand this boat is 25 years old and we've all moved on.

Amen
Fair enough....
Nostalgia can cause hysteria. Human nature causes woulda shoulda coulda... Such a beautiful boat though.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh come on now Mr Luhrs, is good to see the old girl running again.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Amen to the last 3 posts....

Some things are just hard to let go... To see her run again certainly gets the blood pumping and excitement in the air...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if i hit the lotto she will be back in the right colors...I tried to email the guy that suppose to own it, but got no response yet...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

CL, I see this is your first post. Is it THE CL from Jesse James fame?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Hi Kurt. Sorry for being slow getting back but just after my post our quiet little world here in South West CT blew to pieces. PM sent. C
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

I was a huge fan of Chris and Mark back in the 80's when I was young, very cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.