Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
donzi 24 el pescador >

donzi 24 el pescador

Notices

donzi 24 el pescador

Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a Spitfire. Yellow hull, white bottom. Bulit 7/74.

Anyone know who Markley is up there?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B

Anyone know who Markley is up there?
Is or was?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default El Pescador

Late reply to your old thread, but I do own a 1974 ElPescador (hull #16).. currently in good running shape but not fully restored...one day! Great runner in Lake Erie conditions, heavy and dry.... Olred saw it a few years back, his restore is fantastic...

Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Auchnafree was a lifesaver back when I saw his El P, as I had to borrow a piece off of it to duplicate. I was hauling the boat to the glass shop I was going to use and a part literally bounced out of the boat and I couldnt find it anywhere. I borrowed the piece, had a mold made and had the piece back in about 4 or 5 days. I am in his debt. And,,,thanks for the compliment. I cant post pics here but maybe Mark will when he has a chance.
----As far as ride and handling, my El P is a jewel. It will handle fairly big water and reacts really well to trim. Seems to like to cruise at about 40 around 3200rpm. My 100gal tank is forward and I believe its position helps the balance a bunch. Marks Doral (the same exact hull) has the tank at mid-ship to give more room in the forward cabin, but he says it isnt balanced as well. Twin 350/250/Alpha packages let me run about 55 with the drives tucked, but when you hit the trim button its like a shot of nitrous and runs right up to about 63-64 although its a tad loose all the way up. The boat turns on a dime and over the last 8 years since I finished the resto it has given me a whole bunch of smiles!!!!.........Bill S
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
Is or was?
They were the other Magnum and Donzi dealer on Lake St.Clair. http://www.markleymarine.com/
Old 08-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it would be awesome if you guys would post some pic of your EL Ps...thx, rm
Old 08-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by auchnafree
Late reply to your old thread, but I do own a 1974 ElPescador (hull #16).. currently in good running shape but not fully restored...one day! Great runner in Lake Erie conditions, heavy and dry.... Olred saw it a few years back, his restore is fantastic...

whats in yours for power? can you post a few pics of the engine and inside of the boat? thx, rm
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

----Phil,,,The yellow boat has a small block and Volvo. I dont want to speak with any kind of authority but I think the owner told me it ran 45 to 50........Bill S
Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by olredalert
----Phil,,,The yellow boat has a small block and Volvo. I dont want to speak with any kind of authority but I think the owner told me it ran 45 to 50........Bill S
didn't some of them come with twin small blocks? or were they only made with twin 6 cylinders? thx, rm
Old 08-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

----The top engine option back then was twin Crusader 350s with Volvos. That was the main reason I went with twin 350/250 Mercs. There were only somewhere between 20 and 25 made but most of those were built for fishing back then, therefore the feeling probably was that they didnt need ultimate top end speed. The sixes also could be packaged a little better and allowed you to walk all the way to the stern on the sides. My V8 (which actually started out with twin 4-cylinders) or any V8 24 Donzi hull with twin V8s had a hatch that went from side to side with a pad on top and full length bench across the back........Bill S