Collectibility of old offshore boats >

Collectibility of old offshore boats

Notices

Collectibility of old offshore boats

Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an old COPO Chris Cat 300 with good provenance that should bring a million or so .
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
I have an old COPO Chris Cat 300 with good provenance that should bring a million or so .
Can we see this high dollar boat? Please!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501130[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by bertsboat
Can we see this high dollar boat? Please!
This one , maybe 2 million to right buyer . Currently undergoing authentic big dollar restoration and not for sale .
Unless I get 2.0 .......
Attached Thumbnails Collectibility of old offshore boats-amex-silly-stuff-002.jpg  

Last edited by aex; 05-21-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I have five classic offshores now, I had hoped they would be good as gold. Have you seen the price of gold & silver lately ?????
Attached Thumbnails Collectibility of old offshore boats-cobra-smidgen-too-h2o.jpg   Collectibility of old offshore boats-donzi-h2o-photo.jpg   Collectibility of old offshore boats-mag-new-bottom-paint.jpg  

Collectibility of old offshore boats-mag-sedan-27-h2o.jpg   Collectibility of old offshore boats-x-18-donzi-port-side-s.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's the lack of interest in offshore boats in general.

Folks that are buying up the muscle cars are also unable to source money from a second mortgage or equity line as they did 6 years ago.

Personally, I like the fact that the "money" folks have not picked up on our little niche here.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I have five classic offshores now, I had hoped they would be good as gold. Have you seen the price of gold & silver lately ?????
I took the crew chief (Harold Short) from your cobra on his last boat ride on my Magnum. He passed that night in his sleep.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark

The Sport is looking good, Nice work

I think , that if you look at a restored Magnum Sports from the early 70s , they are still getting good money compared to the cost of a new one back in the 70s.. I also think that more people are into the older cars then into boats.
Thank you
Jim.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Mark

The Sport is looking good, Nice work

I think , that if you look at a restored Magnum Sports from the early 70s , they are still getting good money compared to the cost of a new one back in the 70s.. I also think that more people are into the older cars then into boats.
Thank you
Jim.
Thanks Jim, we are almost there engines are going in.
Attached Thumbnails Collectibility of old offshore boats-mag-engine.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Jim, we are almost there engines are going in.
Mark,
Great news
I see you are going with the Crusader Cast exhausts,, the guy that had my Sport before me took off the chrome nickel Scorpion exhaust and put the Cast exhaust on it, When I redid my engines, I found 3 sets of the Scorpion exhaust manifolds out on Long Island ,NY and replace the cast units with the Scorpions and then made two sets of SS dry tailpipes.. Was loud...
Looking good .
Thank you
Jim
Old 05-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's hard to say. I doubt they will ever really go up in value, do to lack of tv shows. ANd frankly new generation people are mostly wannabe hippies. I hope they get cheaper, because eventually I want a 38 kv or something bigger than I have now lol.

Frankly if I could get a 67 fastback mustang, or have my scarab panther, I'd take my friggan boat any day. Not only is it a ***** magnet, it's f'n so much more god damn fun to be on the water than on the road. No worry about speed limits. Or I suppose I would take the car, sell it to an idiot, and then buy 2 amazing boats instead...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.