Notices

Calling Brownie

Old 01-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling Brownie

Brownie, I am sorry to bother you but I am trying to find out about the origins of this 35’ Cig and I thought you were best placed to help me.

These photos were taken in 1990 in Puerto Banus, Southern Spain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516310[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516311[/ATTACH]

The boat was race rigged and owned at that point in time by Adnan Kashoggie. Looking at the configuration, with the glass screen, the louvered vents in the side of the engine hatches and the two man bolster, I originally thought that it was the 1976 Giulio De Angelis owned Eraf but Marco/Black Tornado has shown me a photo which determines it is not that boat. We then thought it may have been ISIS but post #215 of this thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...eboats-22.html makes me think that it wasn’t that boat either.

Do you have any ideas what it could be? Were there any race rigged 35’ Cigs which were sold as pleasure boats?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Calling Brownie-382917_317053141740906_1149929131_n.jpg   Calling Brownie-spain_3.jpg