Notices

top banana arrives

Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's better than a Christmas present in a box looks good.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer

Originally Posted by scippy
Trailer is (or appears to be) a steel I-beam w/wooden bunks -no rear brake lights on trailer visable or any electrical connection to the pickup truck.....pretty scary!
A container with 2 open ends would solve the problem of loading it.......no push just pull it through, but I doubt that's the case..........glad it's there in one piece!
the whole trailer is wood except the axles and tow hook , container opens only at one side there the beam is to wide you have to put the boat on the side
Attached Thumbnails top banana arrives-a1-3-.jpg   top banana arrives-a08.jpg  
Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 38banana
like this ..............they flipped the container on his side put the boat in and then straight up again,what i did not know was that after 25 year in storage there was still a lot of gasoline in the hull that leaked out,this container was a bom.
WOW that's pretty slick you have big ballz glad it worked out.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 38banana
like this ..............they flipped the container on his side put the boat in and then straight up again,what i did not know was that after 25 year in storage there was still a lot of gasoline in the hull that leaked out,this container was a bom.
I was wondering if anyone checked those tanks. 4 engine room tanks and 2 forward tanks under the deck along with a 5 gallon oil tank that we had, in case the engines started to lose oil pressure way out on the ocean...just keep priming new oil in until the pressure picks up
Old 01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Registered

Default stress

Originally Posted by 14 apache
That's better than a Christmas present in a box looks good.
yes it was a nice present,but i bought it all by internet never saw the hull before so i had 3 months of stress and worrying before i had it here ,can not recommend it to anyone,needed 10 people to get it in my carpark that is very small as you will understand wife was a little bit in a shock when she came home ...................
Attached Thumbnails top banana arrives-vlcsnap-2016-01-10-23h32m55s765.jpg   top banana arrives-aar.jpg  
Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Congrats on your new arrival!

That trailer will be a timber Thai style trailer, no brakes, no lights, just a cradle with wheels. They use them for just about everything here. Cheap and easy to fix.

Couple of questions, we don't have big pick ups here for towing so the Nissan pictured is around the limit in terms of size. Without engines and drives the boat is pretty light, how did the Nissan cope towing (dragging) home slowly? I'm thinking about what I can tow with a Wildtrack or a Hilux (3500kg/7700lbs rec max) just to get to the marina and back.....?

Secondly, who's your shipping company in the U.S. that provides the wider than normal container?

There's a yellow cat (sail boat) here in Pattaya named "Gluay Yai" (Big Banana). I might ask him to change the name out of respect now that we have a REAL banana in Thailand,

Enjoy the project, looks great.

Jon.
towing was no problem did about 50 km per hour,most important is that the boat is well balanced on the trailer,i could lift the tow hook up with one hand so a very smooth ride the axles are the most important thing you have to check one wheel broke directly of the trailer after 2 meter driving.

there are no wider containers available, all are 7.8 wide 8.5 height so you have to flip the boat on his side.
Attached Thumbnails top banana arrives-20160109_110400.jpg  
Old 01-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

I thought the container looked a bit wide and low in the video but didn't put 2 and 2 together! My bad.
Sorry you lost all that expensive fuel. Lol.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-11-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Holy shlt!! You sure to have some moxy my friend! Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the project!! Keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I was wondering if anyone checked those tanks. 4 engine room tanks and 2 forward tanks under the deck along with a 5 gallon oil tank that we had, in case the engines started to lose oil pressure way out on the ocean...just keep priming new oil in until the pressure picks up
thanks for the advice ! no one checked the tanks i also did not expect any gasoline in it after 25 year , should be evaporated.i will post some pictures later,so many original things still in the hull,spare propeller , flags,peddle,ship radio station licence,racing gloves,anker ectr.
also i could use some advice about all electrical things in the hull,will post pics later,can not tell you how happy i am with this hull,please let me know if there is any lay available out from the electrical system.
now i am looking to get the layer of paint form the 666 nr of without damaging the the gelcoat and put 60 back on it,and the yellow stripe will be back in a few weeks !

Last edited by 38banana; 01-11-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Holy shlt!! You sure to have some moxy my friend! Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the project!! Keep us posted.
thank you brian, when there is a will there is always a way !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.