1985 Kaama WHat is it worth?

Old 10-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

paint looks to be original
as I have a 1985 27 Excalibur
with the same exact paint scheme on the sides
its for sale in the Excalibur section to see the same paint
hey u can buy both a 38 daddy and a 27 son boat that are the same welcraft yrs ,design and colors,,,lol
Old 10-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 89 Posts

It's kind of a "what's it worth to you" sort of thing. I didn't see the interior or cabin, if they are all super nice and clean, gauges are all clear and working, motors and mechanicals tight, and you're not looking to break 55-60 mph, it's probably an fair price. Certainly a lot of boat for the money!!!
Old 10-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 89 Posts

I can not in good conscience leave this without referring you to the Thread "HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR A COUPLE OF MILES AN HOUR", and warn you that on a boat like this, the first couple of MPH you can pick up are cheap (or free) then it gets a WHOLE lot more expense to move that big ol' boat faster. I won't even get into the TRS/speed thing.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
I can not in good conscience leave this without referring you to the Thread "HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR A COUPLE OF MILES AN HOUR", and warn you that on a boat like this, the first couple of MPH you can pick up are cheap (or free) then it gets a WHOLE lot more expense to move that big ol' boat faster. I won't even get into the TRS/speed thing.

Good point!! If you can be happy with it as it sits is one thing but you start doing upgrades look out. It isn't the price of buying a boat but the price to use and maintain and once you start doing Upgrades (speed, cosmetic, etc. ). I have an older boat and I can tell you that just preventative maintenance can become a slippery slope where maintenance items turn into upgrades and once you upgrade one thing you figure you should upgrade the next thing (rather than just replace a part). A lot of great buys out there with boats that have just had a total resto/refit and would be good to go for years and seller just just bit the bullet to redo everything rather than you. It has been my experience that if you actually use your boat and put hours on it you will have to go back through everything every 8-10 years (500hrs) anyhow.

I also agree with those that mentioned that a thread like this puts it on a lot of people's radar that might not of known it for sale and ultimately could increase interest. I know when I bought my boat years ago I didn't mention word of it until it was in my driveway because I didn't want someone that was dragging their feet to pull the trigger before I could.

Last edited by baywatch; 10-12-2016 at 06:03 AM.