1985 Kaama WHat is it worth?

Notices

1985 Kaama WHat is it worth?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Kaama WHat is it worth?

https://loz.craigslist.org/boa/5802409071.html

It was redone and does look great. Just had new pics taken.

330hp with TRS drives @200hours on motors. Transom and stringers replaced correctly.

I have a deposit on it.

What do you think it is worth?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Simple price evaluation calculator.....

Length of boat multiplied by total h.p. add 10% for trailer then deduct $10 per foot of length for every season used in salt water, finally, add $1 for every hour under 1,000 on current engines and you'll be pretty close.

Otherwise, you could just use the 'gut feeling' pricing scale.........
The boat looks nice in the pics, check out the usual wet spots in Scarabs (transom, stringers, floor) compression test, water test then see how much you can beat him down on price.

I don't think he's far off the mark at 28k. It's a big boat with a pedigree but it is old so realistically, you have to expect the unexpected.

Good luck!
RR
Old 10-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Registered

Transom and stringers correctly replaced/repaired.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You've already got a deposit on the boat at what price?

Every time something is posted here on this boat you run a risk someone else might see it and do a deal. Don't wait too long, sounds like a nice solid boat, I'd get moving and negotiate with the vendor and finalise the deal.

RR
Old 10-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to decide what it is worth to you. Paint looks good in the pictures, what does it look like in person? Could you live with it or would it need a paint job? $10k minimum for that. Next is the power. 330s aren't even a good base to start with. At minimum you would want to be in the mid 60s and that will require new powerplants. $10-15 if your lucky. Now you are creeping up on $50k and you have to look at what is out there for that amount closer to being where you want to end up. It is personally one of my favorite boats. I will head down that road soon. I think with the power, mid teen$ would be a safer place to be.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

A little late to ask for advice on price if you put a deposit on it
Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Registered

Deposit subject to inspection, then you decide if you want to buy it at the discussed price or offer less. Point out the issues and ask they be, as advertised, perfect, or acceptable. Or just walk away.

Not sure I am really going to try to make this go super fast. Was planning on using it just to cruise around SW Florida.

I am not sure but I believe the blue on the side is Gelcoat.

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If the boat is 'as described' and you can't agree on price, your deposit is gone.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Registered

No the deposit was subject to inspection. You get a chance to look at it or current pictures and decide.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Deposits aren't what they used to be. If you have fair claim the boat is not up to expectations/description/photos you get your money back. That's fair and reasonable. If you like the boat but then can't agree on price, you get your money back. Mmm?

From the vendors point of view, the deposit doesn't offer him anything more than the promise you will come and have a look at the boat. Sounds like you hold all the aces!

Wonder what he'd do if someone else looked at the boat and offered him an acceptable price. Would he sell or would he say he has to hold off pending your decision.....?

I still say good luck to you if you can get a good deal on a nice boat.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.