Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKentRebel
Trailer not the same ??
Old 10-29-2019, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No, I don't think it's the same boat as Apollo II. Gods Speed doesn't have bow lights. The colors are similar though. The trailer is definitely different. Ned said his trailer is a MYCO. I didn't see a manufacturers tag on it.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Triple Threat was raced out of NJ and ran triple Mercs .I don't remember it having the set back extension. Also from looking at pics of it, it had navigation lights in the sponson at the bow. Although blue, the trim colors were different then the boat you posted. I cant post pics, however if you send me a private message-I'll forward you pics of Triple Threat.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I hate to be the voice of reason or the one that bursts the bubble but it sounds like Ole' Ned is loosing his recollection. I won't even get into all that was wrong with the info of your last post, but just say let that boat go and anything else Ned has to say, take as a fairy tale . That hull and trailer is worth nothing more than scrap value of the trailer. Also as one of the first 32' Skaters used to have painted on it, Skater left the competition in the Shadows.....pun intended.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Registered

Ryan, I have to agree with you. Mr. Lipscomb has been all over the place regarding the history of this boat. If he could have given me one firm name under which this boat raced before he got it. Thant would have been a good start. The only things that really intrigued me about the boat was the length and that it was supposedly the only 33 footer built. Also I liked the George Linder and Rich Luhrs lineage, however I'm pretty sure this boat was built after they left Image. I also thought Ned's comment about Skaters was odd. Skaters were the next generation of technology. I believe even Rich Luhrs owns one. Unfortunately I don't have the money for this project anyhow. Maybe someone else will be able to get this boat for a reasonable price and do something with it. I do like reading about the lost race boats on this web site. Although we don't know the full history of this boat. It does qualify as a lost and found race boat.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shadow cat

I Am the boat mechanic that helped ned fix it up it was a lot of years ago but at the time that boat had three 300 v6 outboards on it 2 clockwise and the third was counter clockwise that boat i was told then was a 36' tunnel hull.i know when I was working for mr. Lipscomb that boat ran close to 110mph and felt like it wasn't even in the water
And this boat ran the Rudy run many years and it was named the godspeed
Old 05-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Registered

Kevin,
Thanks for giving a little insight into this boat's history. It definitely looks like it was a beast in it's day. If you have anymore information or old pictures I know I would like to see it posted here.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tripple threat, insanity

Anyone know the whereabouts of Triple Threat or Insanity, are these boats for sale?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

triple threat was the name of the shadow cat that we turned into fourplay with 4 merc 2.5 offshores our best speed was 110 it used to break the center 2 engines in half losing both lower units and props last i knew it was derigged and in canada somewhere that boat i swear was a splashed M1 tank dam tough hull
The following users liked this post:
Scarab sport (05-22-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.