Need Info for an IMP Eleganza 255 >

Need Info for an IMP Eleganza 255

Notices

Need Info for an IMP Eleganza 255

Old 12-26-2020, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
To be honest it would be highly unlikely that even the transom was 4" thick , (on any boat) .
The studs for the transom plate are only made to accommodate 2" thick transoms , if that .
I would have no idea for sure, but for whatever it's worth, I've read two or three threads (in various boat forums) on the Eleganza 255 & 310 models where previous owners raved about how well behaved these boats are in rough waters, and they attributed that behavior to their weight. They also went on to say that the transom was 4 inches thick in certain spots.

Now.......is that true, is that accurate, who knows for sure unless one of us can locate some pics of the transom cut away, or actually saw that data in a build sheet or print somewhere.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, made it home from vacation, transom on mine is swollen, so on its way to rotting. Guess I'll be doing that while there is still snow on the ground. I guess the inner liner won't be surviving any longer. Guess that means the stringers are up for replacement also. Will hope to get some pictures up soon.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2nd hand speed
Well, made it home from vacation, transom on mine is swollen, so on its way to rotting. Guess I'll be doing that while there is still snow on the ground. I guess the inner liner won't be surviving any longer. Guess that means the stringers are up for replacement also. Will hope to get some pictures up soon.
Sorry to hear about the work that's in front of you, but on the plus side when you get it all replaced you shouldn't have to ever address those items again.

I wound up finding a company (by accident) that still sells brochures for these boats. They're expensive ($25.00 for a tri-fold brochure) but the good thing is that they list all of the options that the IMP boats came with, including the manufacturer names of the gages, seats, electronics, and engines.

I gave the boat storage place that has mine for the winter the green light to yank the engines out to thoroughly see what they need. If they need to be rebuilt, then so-be-it.

I'm a big believer in just spending the money, get it done right, enjoy the reliability, and not deal with the headaches, rather than trying to guess at what's wrong or nickel & dime it to death.

Once I get enough posts to start posting pics, I'll post pics of my girl.

Why do all of these boat forums make you wait?

All of the car & motorcycle forums I belong to allow you to start posting pics right away.........odd.......

Old 01-08-2021, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
You might try calling Raymonds Boats and Motors in Gravois Mills, MO. They are still around but I am not sure in what capacity. It was my understanding, that the Raymond's was a part owner in the IMP Boat Company. Good Luck.
raymonds owned imp at one time but that place is done/! its a shame its a dump and they dont even do any service . i have a friend who has a 47 stored there and we had to winteize it because they couldnt its done!
Old 01-08-2021, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Vice
Thanks Helmwust, much appreciated and I will definitely give this place a call to see if they're still around....
good luck there isnt anyone left to help you there.. if you call see if they can put you in contact with Preston hes the only one alive that knows anything
Old 01-09-2021, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
good luck there isnt anyone left to help you there.. if you call see if they can put you in contact with Preston hes the only one alive that knows anything
Too bad, I had not been over there in a long time. They were good people, and if you can find Preston, he was pretty sharp guy, no BS from him.
The following 2 users liked this post by Helmwurst:
flat rate (01-09-2021), Twin O/B Sonic (01-09-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Registered

Guess I can't post pics yet
Old 01-11-2021, 11:18 PM
Registered

Guess I can't post pics yet
Once you hit ten posts, I believe that's when you can start.

So let's just say hi to each other a few more times within this thread until we each officially hit ten posts......😂😂😂😂

Then we can post pics.....

Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You need to cut your losses and run. Part the boat out and be done. Its worth 10k in decent shape. Based on your descriptions, to get it into any kind decent condition is going to cost 30-40k.
The following 3 users liked this post by Griff:
mikefili (01-22-2021), TomZ (05-19-2021), Twin O/B Sonic (01-12-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:58 PM
Registered

So got to work for a while today and got the first stringer out. The stringers are 4 pieces of 2x4 bonded to the inner liner then the inner liner is bonded to the hull. The bottom of my liner is no longer bonded to the hull so once I got the fiberglass off from over the stringer, the aft end of the stringer lifted right out and the front came out without much more effort, I guess thats why the liner is cracking, For the time being I am going to continue working toward replacing the stringers and transom, learning and experimenting with designing and modifying the hull. At this point what do I have to loose. I like the ride and cockpit space of this hull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.