Visit to Cobalt Headquarters in Neodesha >

Visit to Cobalt Headquarters in Neodesha

Notices

Visit to Cobalt Headquarters in Neodesha

Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Visit to Cobalt Headquarters in Neodesha

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to visit the Cobalt Headquarters in Neodesha, Kansas. I arrived after the “rank and file” had gone home for the day – I explained to the receptionist that I have been blessed with a 226 and have wanted to know if Cobalt had any tours of the manufacturing operation. She made a few calls and found Clark Boone- Central Sales Manager that was still around – all I can say is that I was treated like royalty! Clark walked me thru the entire operation and explained, in very general terms, what occurred during each process. I was also able to see the start of what I would call a "Cobalt museum"- in which Pack St. Clair’s first boat was on display as well as a 1976 Tri Hull that looked like it came out of the box!—(ugly colors but none the less in pristine shape). After the tour, I was introduced to Paxson St. Clair- a wonderful man that explained some of the design features and successes of the 226. I explained that we have been more than satisfied with the Cobalt and am still amazed that after 14 years none of the hardware has loosened or for that matter shows any signs of rust nor have the seats surfaces discolored. It is obvious that Cobalt truly makes a quality boat.

On the way out the door I was given a couple of DVD’s as well as a Cobalt hat.

All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Safe Boating

3pointstar