2005 30 Concept-twin Optimax 250's >

2005 30 Concept-twin Optimax 250's

Notices

2005 30 Concept-twin Optimax 250's

Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 30 Concept-twin Optimax 250's

Just got back in town and getting back into my research on this style boat. Have had I/O's now for 15 years and tired of working upside down in the engine compartment, not being able to get close into shore, etc etc.

None of this can personally be validated and by NO MEANS a dig on the boat at all (just a question before spending big money on a 2nd boat). I have read some about concerns with this style boat regarding possible porpoising (some with the 250's regular hull and some with the SC Verados being heavier and thus the stepped hull)? Some possible concerns about side to side type wave action? Maybe those concerns I read were just unhappy customers so I figured "go to the source-the experts-those on this forum!". I have read a TON of responses about rigging and such, layout and colors are just beautiful! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up February 2007 Powerboat Magazine test on Concept 30 c.c.

Originally Posted by baja25sst
Just got back in town and getting back into my research on this style boat. Have had I/O's now for 15 years and tired of working upside down in the engine compartment, not being able to get close into shore, etc etc.

None of this can personally be validated and by NO MEANS a dig on the boat at all (just a question before spending big money on a 2nd boat). I have read some about concerns with this style boat regarding possible porpoising (some with the 250's regular hull and some with the SC Verados being heavier and thus the stepped hull)? Some possible concerns about side to side type wave action? Maybe those concerns I read were just unhappy customers so I figured "go to the source-the experts-those on this forum!". I have read a TON of responses about rigging and such, layout and colors are just beautiful! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Mr.Bob Teague chief testing guru of Powerboat Magazine did the testing on the Concept 30 C.C. at that time. Mr.Teague quoted in the write up, that in sloppy 2 to 4 footers the Concept 30 provided a soft ride for a boat its size. Also mentioned in the article that it is a solid, straight forward boat. The Concept 30 carved turns and stayed on track.It did nothing quirky in abrupt or sweeping middle and high speed maneuvers.Top speed was a impressive 65 m.p.h with only Twin 225 Merc Opti's.
The Concept 30 c.c.stepped hull tracked cleanly at all speeds.
Bob expected a clean, predictable handling and superior stability. Happy to report that the stepped 30 footer center console demonstrated all that.
You may read the rest of the results on the Concept 30 c.c in the February 2007 issue of Powerboat Magazine by clicking on to their web site.

Last edited by DENNYB; 03-01-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: wording