Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Concept
30 step props >

30 step props

Notices

30 step props

Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

No, the factory didnt get him the props yet.

That is the boat, was sold until the sea trial - with those Mirage Plus props. Scared the buyers wife.

not clear why the factory would use 3 blades, sounds like all forums we researched say the same thing - Bravo’s

we had multiple current offshore owners ( much faster boat owners) drive the boat, at 65 you want to get safety gear on in less than 1 footers. The factory got it to 73 in the ocean without issue, would fresh water gave that much of an effect on it?

there is literally no trim or tab range to speak of currently. 1-2 on the digital trim gauge is about it.

the factory shipped the prips and wedges on Tuesday of this week - not sure on the delay?
Old 06-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Registered

Sorry - didn’t see your earlier post.

yes, his is the 2018 with Verados.

The motors are mounted all the way down ( boat is in the water). The too of the motir mounting bracket is on the top of the transom.

the video of the factory sea trial doesnt show the boat having the issues we are experiencing, thus the question about water type. I wouldn’t have expected any differences.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Registered

Well, while still waiting on the props - the boat was traded in for a less performance oriented boat brand.

The ownership of Concept is awesome and wanted to make everything right, but the salesman really was terrible to deal with and dropped the ball.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by snowrunner
Well, while still waiting on the props - the boat was traded in for a less performance oriented boat brand.

The ownership of Concept is awesome and wanted to make everything right, but the salesman really was terrible to deal with and dropped the ball.
Concept salesman or dealer?
Old 06-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Registered

Concept salesman. Said none of us knew how to drive the boat. My buddy and his Fam are very nice, were very upset after the delays and didcussions the the salesman had with them.

He never told the owner what was going on, he called to fly up once he heard of the issues continued. Was not kept updated on the issues and ultimate trade of the boat. My buddy was not aware the owner wasn’t informed.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
The weather has not been cooperating so far this year. I think lowering the motors did help with the handling. Still not perfect. I'm usually riding around 50 mph, and the boat rides nice at that speed.
I am in the sales process for a 2021 Concept 30cc with twin 300 Verados. Now that you have had some time with your boat, can you tell me how the handling is at speed and what top speed you have achieved. Also, what are your impressions of the build quality? Lastly, if you trail your boat, do you have an idea as to the verticle clearance when on the trailer. Any information would be really helpful. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by thewilliwaw
I am in the sales process for a 2021 Concept 30cc with twin 300 Verados. Now that you have had some time with your boat, can you tell me how the handling is at speed and what top speed you have achieved. Also, what are your impressions of the build quality? Lastly, if you trail your boat, do you have an idea as to the verticle clearance when on the trailer. Any information would be really helpful. Thanks.
The boat rides great in the 50-60mph range. The best I've seen is 73.1 MPH. It get's a little loose at high speeds, but nothing crazy. I use mine for tubing also, I can maintain 15-25 mph, not completely on plane, but not bow high either.

I am satisfied with the build quality. I had a few gel coat voids on the bottom which were easily fixed. I have a small stress crack on the corner of one of the rear storage compartments. The storage compartments in the floor do not stay dry.

I trailer the boat. The trailer I got from Concept, "Ultimate Trailers" is OK for the price. The boat loads and unloads easily. It tows good too. I towed it back to MD from FL. The top of the arch on the trailer is around 11 feet.

Overall I really like the boat. If I was to do another build I would do the open boat with big console and hard t-top. The cabin is pretty useless to me except for storage. There is a potty down there but my wife complains about it all the time. There is very little head room in the cabin.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DaveM. Really appreciate your insights. They are giving me food for thought on making the change from my current Advantage closed bow to a center console. I visited the factory but the only 30 cc there was in the process of being built so it was hard to get a feel for dimensions. My wife likes the couches in our cuddy. The front vberth is a padded storage bin in our boat as well. The ride sounds similar at similar speeds (although the Advantage will just about touch 80). But like your boat, when I get past 65 with trim coming up and I need to pay close attention to what's going on. The real problem is that 11ft height as my storage barn has a 10 foot entrance. Not sure I can change that and am not excited about paying for a new boat and a new barn. Love the look and open spaces on that Concept though and the sound of outboards versus a big block with headers (before I go completely deaf). I guess I am lucky to face these tough decisions. Take care.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thewilliwaw
The real problem is that 11ft height as my storage barn has a 10 foot entrance.
Talk with Eric or Luis - they have an optional "folding" arch - a friend of mine had it on his 36 as he had a low bridge on his canal that, during high tide, didn't leave enough clearance.
I don't think you'll have any issues with build quality - Concept makes a great boat.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2008 30 with a stepped hull but with bottom paint. I have 225 verados but can't get past mid 50's. I am running 3 blades and i am amazed with the speed you get with a your setup. My motors are in the 4th hole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.