Hatch accuator accelerator help?? >

Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Notices

Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

thats gonna depend on how big a relay they are using in that setup and what your rams draw for power.....you can put like a 20amp fuse into the feed line for the relays and try hooking up both rams and see if it will work....hopefully the fuse will blow before the relay gets damaged....or you can get all fancy and split those output wires into a 2 way splitter switch and then be able to open one hatch then flip the switch and open the other hatch...and do it in reverse to close.....or just go and either make yourself a set of new relays like i have posted in the diagram and be done with it...hell it would probably cost ya $20/$30 from summitt for their relay setps...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
you know what would also be nice, is a built in auto-resetting circut breaker on each relay.....it would act as sort of a limit switch....when the ram reaches full open or close the amp draw would momentarily spike and the breaker would open....then reset in a few seconds and be ready for the next go-round....hmmmm
I added a 20amp auto-resetting circuit breaker in place of the fuse...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by djl7780
I added a 20amp auto-resetting circuit breaker in place of the fuse...
Doeas it work the way i was thinking?
I was actually thinking about sepperate circuit breakers for each relay positive leg of the circuit....this way when you reach max lift or close completely...the breaker will pop....but you still have the other side available to work instantly without having toi wait for it to reset itself....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
The box that they are wired to now has two sides(one for each actuator). Since one side is not working, can you hook the other ram into the other side? Both together for time being, otr will this overload the single relay?
As wally has said it depends on the load. They do make relays that will do all this in one "box". In other words run 2 rams as they are double relays, even 4, 8,...... kind of under one hood if you will.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
As wally has said it depends on the load. They do make relays that will do all this in one "box". In other words run 2 rams as they are double relays, even 4, 8,...... kind of under one hood if you will.
Thats what I'm looking for. Any ideas on where to get one?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will try and take a look at a place that I get a lot of my electronics from locally. It is called U-Do-It Electronics.... Probably be a few days before I can get back there however...

Jon
Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Thats cool. Remember two wires coming from the switch and one straight from the battery. I'm leaving this weekend for a quick stop by table rock lake and than on to loto for the thunder on the lake poker run. Just won't raise the hatch much.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Thats cool. Remember two wires coming from the switch and one straight from the battery. I'm leaving this weekend for a quick stop by table rock lake and than on to loto for the thunder on the lake poker run. Just won't raise the hatch much.
Check your thread in the eliminator thread...
Old 07-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I will try and take a look at a place that I get a lot of my electronics from locally. It is called U-Do-It Electronics.... Probably be a few days before I can get back there however...

Jon
did you find anything?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...ighlight=hatch[/QUOTE]

I know this is an older thread, but I used the schematic in this link (4th post) to wire my slow a** hatch. I crammed 2 relays inside of a 4"x2"x1" hobby box from radio shack . I stuck it to my firewall, grabbed 12v at the batt switch, grounded off a ground lug and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I should have done this years ago. And for the $10 it cost to do, it is the cheapest thing I have ever done on the boat....Mike

Last edited by Michael Garibay; 05-11-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: oops

Quick Reply: Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.