Notices

Boat Leveler

Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat Leveler

Any One use Boat Leveler Trim tabs? I have a "Heavy Duty" set [2 rams per tab] on my Baja. It appears the motor is shot, so, I need to replace it, BUT, all the motors I have looked at claim they are for any "single ram" system? Do they make a specific motor for the HD set up? or do I need 2 "regular" motors/pumps? I checked there website, but, couldn't find any info, so, any input here would be appreciated, Thanks!

Michael
Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

Default fixx

i have duel rams on my 18,loks the same as the single ram system..i would call bennett to make sure.i believe everybody uses their pump..
Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Any Idea if the Livorsi LED tab indicator is compatable with Boat Leveler tabs? I will try calling Bennett, I didn't realize other companies used there Motor, I think I need a wirng harness too, tabs go up and down ok, but, the only lights on my indicators are at the bottom and they dont move or change regardless of trim tab position, probably be one of those wiring PITA's that I chase ALL summer, LOL!

Thanks for the input!
Michael
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried to contact them and ask them. I had a question, called them up and they were great.

ADDRESS 7305 Natural Bridge
St.Louis MO
USA

PHONE 314-385-7470
800-386-7470

FAX 314-385-9173

Questions: [email protected]
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

I haven't called them, but, I did send an Email to them, but, never heard back, will try calling and see what I can find out, Thanks for the contact info!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My cruiser came with dual rams and the single pump. Pump is same for single or dual rams, just takes longer to operate 4 rams vs 2. Not uncommon for a 2nd pump to be added and have each side have it's own pump if you prefer faster action.

I don't know if you can use another brand indicator to work with Boat Leveler. There kit uses a magnet on the inside of the the ram, and then the pickup is fastened on the outside of the ram. Not sure how the gauge is calibrated for the ram pickup.
When I bought this boat, the gauge didn't read either. The complete kit is pretty cheap, makes it not worth screwing around trying to trouble shoot. The tech guy there told me either the gauge would be shot, or the pickup wiring at the ram. Eitherway, I felt it was best to replace it all for not much more. My wiring were exposed and no longer sealed at the rams. Now all is good.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-31-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

The indicators are magnetic, there are two magnets in each cylinder, try twisting them a lil bit, sometimes the magnets get out of alignment. If not, just pull them off, disassemble and line them up and reassemble.

One motor for 4 rams, I would call Boat Leveler, press them on a deal and they usually give ya a good one.

Keep us updated.

Originally Posted by n20michael
Any Idea if the Livorsi LED tab indicator is compatable with Boat Leveler tabs? I will try calling Bennett, I didn't realize other companies used there Motor, I think I need a wirng harness too, tabs go up and down ok, but, the only lights on my indicators are at the bottom and they dont move or change regardless of trim tab position, probably be one of those wiring PITA's that I chase ALL summer, LOL!

Thanks for the input!
Michael
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered

give them a call tomarrow their great people just went over there last week to get a hose for my tabs
Old 06-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered

Hi Guys, I just got back, so, I apoligize for the late reply, and THANKS! for the replies! I heard from Livorsi and there gauge wont work, it only works with "Bennett" tabs. I tried twisting the actual "ram" on my tabs and they barely move? Is all the wring/senders for the indicators internal? When I looked at my rams there is a hyraulic line going to each ram, but, no other lines or wires, is this correct? or should there be a wire/line or sender for the indicators?

I DID hear back from Insta Trim, they recommend there "12700 A" motor, which, as you guys had noted, is basically the same motor as used in the single ram application, but, it comes with "T" fitting for use with 4 rams, so, I am gonna figure out if I should go that route or maybe just add another motor and have 1 for each tab. thoughts?

Michael
Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Insta trim units with the indicator feature have the pickup portion which simply clamps over the outside of 1 ram on each tab. It's about the same size as the ram itseelf, and will have a wire coming out of the top of it that will go to the dash. If you don't have any wires on the outside of the rams, either they were cut off or the pickup part is not there.
No, you don't twist the ram itself, but that pickup part. It has very little room to twist though, if at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.