neutral switch question... >

neutral switch question...

Notices

neutral switch question...

Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoya
Im sorry I can post here. I was thinking I was on one of the other sites.
The wire you see running up the shifter is because I made the shifters light up.
Is this what you have?
yes, very similar. smaller control is shifter and larger is throttle. shifter is closer to helm.

it's what's underneath those levers that has me concerned
Old 06-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the longer one is throttle
Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

opened the grey / insulation. found 2 wires. 1 red and 1 black (no red & yellow). tested for voltage and got nada. couldn't get a reading. figure bad ground maybe? did not cut wires. don't feel comfortable doing that after seeing only red and black (no yellow & red wire). i guess it's off to the shop next week.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigblueheaven
opened the grey / insulation. found 2 wires. 1 red and 1 black (no red & yellow). tested for voltage and got nada. couldn't get a reading. figure bad ground maybe? did not cut wires. don't feel comfortable doing that after seeing only red and black (no yellow & red wire). i guess it's off to the shop next week.
you would only get voltage if you turn the key to start. jump those 2 wires together and try to start. If it starts switch is bad.(if you cut them jump the two going to engine, not controls)
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblueheaven
Cut the wires going to the shifter and connect them to each other. This will eliminate the Neutral safety switch.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tms1155
you would only get voltage if you turn the key to start. jump those 2 wires together and try to start. If it starts switch is bad.(if you cut them jump the two going to engine, not controls)

i haven't cut anything. i sure would like to find another way to test this switch before any cutting happens.

had key turned to on. i would need another hand to turn it to start and hold leads to wires. lol

Last edited by bigblueheaven; 06-05-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added sentence