Notices

wiring dui distributor

Old 06-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring dui distributor

I got a new dui distributor and was wanting to know where to hook the shift interrupt switch wire to. On mine when the switch is closed its just completing the circuit to ground. Its a green and white wire that ran to the back of the distributor on my thunderbolt iv ignition. Am i supposed to run the green and white wire to the tach term. on the dui dist. Will that momentarily kill the motor when shifting out of gear. I dont want to smoke my new ignition. Has anyone hooked one of these up with an alpha drive. Any help will be app.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a t bolt syatem, the shift interupt grounds the signal from the pickup to the ignition module. Cant do that with the DUI.
Call performance distributor and see what they suggest.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered

I have a similar distributor and thought had the same question. I called Performance and they said to the negative side of the coil which is the tach side. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought of that too, but grounding the coil will result in a spark. If that happens at the wrong time, you could have a nasty backfire.
Originally Posted by jmrapp
I have a similar distributor and thought had the same question. I called Performance and they said to the negative side of the coil which is the tach side. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered

I don't know what else to suggest. When I talked to them I told them that I have a Merc Alpha One and I needed to know where to hook up the shift interrupt. That was the response that they gave me.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

I got a hold of performance dist. and they told me the same thing . To hook the cut out switch to the tach term. on the dist. Seems to be working just fine it dosent get any simpler than that does it. Two wire hook up. thanks for the feed back
Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Where did you hook up the positive? I am having a little trouble finding the right place.