spread bore carb to square bore intake >

spread bore carb to square bore intake

Notices

spread bore carb to square bore intake

Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion.. Either of you guys do any back to back dyno testing with a demon or tune one in a boat with an O2 sensor?.. Before you spend any money you should call Patrick at Prosytems. He can build you a custom carb specifically for your combination and altitude for close to the same price as an off the shelf one. Also, vac secondary carbs are very easy to tune and give you the ability to really broaden the range of your primary circuit for better fuel economy at cruise. Vac or mechanical really depends on how you run your boat. If you're really gettin after it all the time or throtlling lot's through waves I'd go mechanical. My .02
Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ok im really confused now, lol!! let me explain the boat, the engine, where it is run, and how it is run before we go any further.

Boat is 1987 Concord Magnum II
http://www.concordboats.com/Magnum-II.html

The engine that I am building can be seen here
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...under-way.html

(Im shooting for 5200 or so rpms from this thing, cam profile is maxed at 5400)

the lake we are on 99.9% of the time here
http://www.flattoplake.org

and the usage is as follows:

I am married with two kids (girl is 3, boy is 2) so when kids are in the boat i dont like to run fast just for safety sake, same goes for wife but only cause she *****es when I open it up

60% of the time we cruising around between 35 and 40 enjoying the breeze

20% of the time we are just idling around or parked at the swimming hole.

10% its just the wife and I and no kids and I can wind it up a little bit but not much

10% I kick her ass out and run it for all its worth and race with my buddies for a few laps

100% of the time I am drinking Bud Light

so with all that said, what carb would be best? I want something that will be reliable for family time, but dont want to sacrifice a lot of top end performance either.

by the way, I thank everybody for their input to this thread, couldnt do it without you guys
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll be fine with any of the carbs mentioned.. If you wanna go budget the edelbrock is hard to beat and won't let you down. I don't think you'll see any appreciable gains between any of them so use the one that is the easiest to retrofit and works with your budget..