Notices

Iac Control

Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Iac Control

Hey Guys

I need to change my IAC valve, i have the new one here with me, but, have no idea how to change it (or even where its located)

If someone could send me a diagram, or better yet, instructions on how to change it, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Any/All input welcomed and appreciated!

Michael

[email protected]
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention, 1995 454EFI, Bravo 1 set up, Thanks!

Michael
Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

I should be right behind the throttle body.Two screws usually torx and unplug a wire.Very simple
Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

So, what, if anything? Do I have to do to get to it? THANKS!

Michael
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to just remove the flame arrestor and throttle cable from the throttle body, slide the thottle body off, flip it over replace the IAC and reassemble. Should take 15 mins to complete.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...sp?dnbr=824418 93&ivar=images/CRUISER/824418.93/18.png&inbr=1614&bnbr=180&bdesc=INTAKE+MANIFOLD+AN D+INTAKE+PLENUM

I think this is your engine,its #33

The link did not show up,Go into Bam marine go to lookup mercruser stern drive then find your engine.It will give you a picture.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! Will have a crack at doing it tommorow, Thanks!

Michael
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Replacing the IAC would be best. But, I did see a show on speed channel that showed how you can clean them with carb cleaner and it will be good as new. The reason they usuallly stop working is that the plunger gets gummed up.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

I had been told the same thing, the fella who did the top half of my motor a few years ago cleaned it out, he told me it would be "ok" for awhile, but, eventually it would need replacing. I was told the tell tale sign is a "surge" at idle (which I have)

I figure if I have to take the air cleaner and throttle body off to clean it, I might as well change it, APPRECIATE the info though! Once this IAC starts to act up, I will try cleaning it.

I had hoped to get to it today, but, I spent all day (in 90 degree heat) resetting and replacing the poles for my floating docks, water here is highestvI have seen it in years, but, NO complaints!!

Michael
Old 06-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Hey guys

I had a look at the motor, I removed the air cleaner and the throttle cable, but, the actual "throttle body" appears to be 1 piece attached to the upper plenum, I see NO way to get to the bottom of the throttle body other than removing all the torx bolts and lifting off the upper plenum? When I say upper plenum I mean the flat black piece on the top of the motor that says "Mercruiser Cross Ram Injection" or something similiar, am I missing something? Or do I actually have to remove the upper plenum to change the IAC?

I can take a pic with my iPhone if someone needs one?

Thanks guys!

Ps: I am changing plugs too (gluton for punishment!) i was told the factory recommended ACMR43T are interchangeable with the NGK "R" YR5's, when I got looking at them, the NGK's appear to have a slightly shorter tip (looking from where the plug seats in the head to the electrode) is this important? The difference is maybe 1/16 th of an inch

Appreciate all the help guys, sorry for the "lame" questions

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.