Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
is there a cheap way to do hydraulic steering hoses? >

is there a cheap way to do hydraulic steering hoses?

Notices

is there a cheap way to do hydraulic steering hoses?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default is there a cheap way to do hydraulic steering hoses?

im tyring to get the rest of the hardware for my hydraulic steering setup on a tight budget. is there any cheap way to doing hoses? also does aanyone have the through hull fittings and/or the hose going back thhe the ram? i have everything else ready to go and really wanna get thiss on this year.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

You shouldn't have a problem with time, the river is a total mess! Some of the Dodge Park guys headed to LOTO for the year. Do you konw Pulte? He might be able to steer you in the right direction.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the river situation sucks terribly but that isnt slowing us down. we have been out at manawa (ya i know it sucks but its all we have close) and have plans for harlan county soon, okoboji in august and possibly loto if i can find a sitter for another weekend. i am not sure who pulte is... i am not letting the flooded river get the best of me
Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use lots of tape and wire. You should be good after that.

If you head down to loto let me know, I am there almost every weekend.

I was thinking about Okoboji just the other day. I was craving some of them "better than sex" pina coladas.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also at LOTO every weekend, but use to have a house on Carter Lake. They did a recharge on the lake it's very clean now.

I'll PM you Bob's number he might have some ideas for you.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there's a fork lift repair shop near you they can make then up. Their a weird size fitting, #3 I think for hydraulic lines.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

They are cheap to make. Ask the mechanic that does your service work
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used two thru-hulls with a "T" on the outside of the hull to save holes in the transom and run fewer lines.

I have two extra bulkhead fittings you can have for shipping. They are basically just pieces of heavy wall stainless with NPT threads cut on either side. I used a 9/16" NF tap to continue threading down a portion of the fitting, allowing me to use a jam nut separate from the NPT fittings. Anyway, IMHO, to have a proper bulkhead fitting, you'd need to do the same.

For hoses, you can buy reusable fittings and assemble the hoses yourself (don't need a crimping machine). You can get fittings and hose online.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered

Any "hyraulic" place should be able to make them for you, "up here" I use a place called Princess Auto, they sell lines, fittings, pumps, etc and will make lines with fittings for you on the spot. Maybe have a look in the yellow pages under hydraulic?

Good luck
Michael
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

I checked several hydraulic shops in the Omaha area when I had a hose leaking on my Pantera. Nobody had the fittings with the correct flange angle except the Aeroquip dealer just south of 108th and Harrison St.

I'm pretty sure you know, or at least know who Pulte is. He has the light gray 28 Baja with big power and monster stereo. I know you have both been down at Rick's at the same time before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.