i need help finding omc cobra o ring fitting to pipe thread adapter >

i need help finding omc cobra o ring fitting to pipe thread adapter

Notices

i need help finding omc cobra o ring fitting to pipe thread adapter

Old 02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default i need help finding omc cobra o ring fitting to pipe thread adapter

heres the deal, i have a pair of k planes and pumps with no hoses. what i do have is 2 pairs of like new omc cobra trim hoses that went from the pump to the drive, they just happen to be the perfect length for what i am doing. problem is that they have o ring style fitttings on the ends of them and the trim pump has the merc stlye double flair fittings on them and the tabs have no fitting adapter at all. waht i need is a pipe thread male, i am guessing 3/8"? to the female o ring omc style input. anyone have any idea where i can get these? i have been searching but i dont think i am using the correct keywords since i am not really sure what to call them. no sense in buying new hoses for several hundred bucks when i have some that are perfectly good and just need a couple of hopefully cheap fittings. any help would be appreciated
Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, so the hoses are 50 bucks each. start with the plumbing aisle in home depot. there may be a compression fitting that will work with o-ring. double flare sounds like an auto parts store brake line adapter. plumbing supply houses and guys who make hydraulic hoses are the other possibilities.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

new hoses are looking for like 100 each and i need 4 i am trying to find soemthing online i can get cheaper because these fittings do not seem to be very common. ran into another issue last night though. the trim pump has i believe a #4 inverted flair and the trim tab bulk heads have a #3 inverted flar. i getting really frustrated with these tabs
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a local hyd hose shop and get new ends for your lines.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

the way its looking that will cost as much as new lines i am gonna have to find some time during the week to make it to one of the shops. i work 7-530 m-f with 30 minute lunch so its hard to go to shops that are open 8-5.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

just think how much more we could get done with our boats if we didn't have to work to pay for them...