Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast! >

350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!

Notices

350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before and after recirculation pump removal.

UD
Attached Thumbnails 350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-dsc06756.jpg   350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-last-roll-09.jpg   350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-406-new-crossover-lines.jpg  

Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your engine hatch is HUGE!!! i also like the stripper pole....i mean tow pole..yeah toll pole!
It's crazy with almost the same setup there is close to a 100hp differnce.
No question you have a soild motor though ! A+ to you good sir!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Registered

Boat was actually designed to be a hard core speed ski boat.

Hatch was built up to accomodate a blown engine and still be able to climb in and out over the hatch without touching any hot components.

Look in original 1992 powerboat test of this boat at the time the boat had a blower and (Stainless Marine gen 1's same thing on the other boat)

at that time boat also had had an all cloth interior then which is awesome in Parker/Havasu and miserable anywhere in the midwest or east coast where you get humidity. That interior lasted for 16 years.

My engine makes 500HP and a little more 515-520 torque, and is basically as close to maintenance free as as car engine outside of the water pump impeller. Enough beans to push this little tunnel to the low 90's

Handles on rails too- I have fully hydraulic steering in that boat stem to stern and an ITS steering system.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails 350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-logo.jpg   350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-driveway.jpg   350 Mercruiser- 22' Gofast looking for HP so I can go Fast!-powerboat-test-bob-nordskog.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-19-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So UD, which one of your Laveys is the fastest on flat water?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
So UD, which one of your Laveys is the fastest on flat water?
Good question! likely the little one will have a few MPH on the big one when its all said and done, but the two arent that far off.

Theres more tuning to be done on each the big one has hit 90 with the dome off on a cold day, and there may be 1 or 2 left in it but its really a mid to high 80's boat when propped for everyday running and all the gear.

A labbed 30 is too much in the heat in the dessert so either a regular 30 or one turned down to a 29. (you cant buy a 29)

I think the little one will see mid 90's wit the Imco lower (the sportmaster lower cost me a couple of MPH just for it) and a prop equaling a labbed 29 (which you cant buy) On the smaller one Im going tot try a 27P5 5 blade.

Last time I went out I had the equivalent of 4K in props just to try it and I ran out of wheels.

One good thing is there is a good interchangeability of parts between the two rides.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-27-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling