Short cut to disable Silent Choice >

Short cut to disable Silent Choice

Notices

Short cut to disable Silent Choice

Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short cut to disable Silent Choice

To start I dont even know what if what I have is Silent Choice. BUt I have a stock 1997 Scarab twin 350 mag. and it has switchable exhaust. They have the little air hoses. Anyways When I turn mine to thru hull it only stays open for about 3 min then closes. Is there a way to quickly disable this so its always thru hull?

I want to keep the system in tact as I like having the option but for the weekend Can I do something so that its thru hull until I can get to fixing it properly???
Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Zip ties on the solenoids/actuators to hold them so they are thru hull only.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just take a sprqay bottle with soapy water and spray everything down and look for bubbles..may have some leaky joints that just need to be snugged up..
Old 08-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't understand why they didn't use engine vacuum. hi vacuum (low throttle) thru prop. vacuum drops, opens thru hull...
Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, or even boost pressure actuated for the SC crowd.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered

If yours are solenoid actuators like mine from corsa, just take them apart & clean any corrosion off. W ill prob work fine then, its nice to have the option when around the dock or launch. 3 bolts & 1 connector &they are off. easy deal
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not familiar with the air systems, but does air open them and then they are spring loaded closed?
Or air operator both ways? Is so Swap air hose location?

Otherwise, like griff said to tye them open.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Yes, air opens them. Air causes the piston to contract to allow thru hull. Hitting switch again releases the air, allowing an an internal spring to force the piston out again.
I have same set up. They do get sticky. The piston itself gets sticky, and also the bushings that hold the flapper in the pipe get gummed up pretty good as well. You can take apart to clean. It does help. Polish the shafts, clean the crud off the bushings and rubber seals, but go easy on the seals as they are only rubber. Re pack with a good high temp grease and reinstall. Also, you can spray a good penetrating oil into the air inlet port, and also into the vent hole hole on each piston and cycle the crap out of it. It will eventually loosen back up. Stroke the piston as you apply the oil so it will draw the oil in. You'll see what I mean when you get going. Make sure to drain all the oil back out of the hole after as well, or it can bind up the piston somewhat from hydrolock.Hold piston with hole at bottom and cycle it.You will see the oil being blown back out. When you do this,do one side at a time so as to ensure proper re assembly if you forget which way things go back together.

Update
I just re read your post and apparently you are bleeding air somewhere, not sticking. Duh.
Like poster above said. Soapy water will find your leak. But if they do start to stick, and they will eventually, this is how to clean em up. lol

Last edited by rich allen; 08-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rich allen
Stroke the piston as you apply the oil
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
maybe I should have put this in the uncensored section. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.