EMI Thunder alternator mounting >

EMI Thunder alternator mounting

Notices

EMI Thunder alternator mounting

Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMI Thunder alternator mounting

Any ideas on mounting the alternator and fuel filter, after swaping from logs to EMI exhaust?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by holorinhal
Any ideas on mounting the alternator and fuel filter, after swaping from logs to EMI exhaust?
i guess your talking about a 454/502 base gm engine???the only hicup i ever had w/emi manafolds was the power steering hose on the high side i had to use a special bango fitting to clear the manafold.are the manafolds touching the alternator?where?top/bottom?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
i guess your talking about a 454/502 base gm engine???the only hicup i ever had w/emi manafolds was the power steering hose on the high side i had to use a special bango fitting to clear the manafold.are the manafolds touching the alternator?where?top/bottom?
This is on a sbc 5.7 Merc. I had the old log exhaust and the brackets bolted to the front of them.The EMI's do not have any provisions for mounting. I will have to come up with some kind of bracket,
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

This is on a sbc 5.7 Merc. I had the old log exhaust and the brackets bolted to the front of them.The EMI's do not have any provisions for mounting. I will have to come up with some kind of bracket,
this is what i have on my donzi,,for the 21.00 you cant make anything work! ...dont mind the year,,it will fit as long as you dont have a power steering alt combo bracket..i use a goodyear 13290 belt..if you use a 15290 it will come off at high rpm's..the 13 series is a little skinnier and sits deeper in the groove..

http://www.cfrperformance.com/1955_6..._p/hz-7758.htm

Last edited by FIXX; 12-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
this is what i have on my donzi,,for the 21.00 you cant make anything work! ...dont mind the year,,it will fit as long as you dont have a power steering alt combo bracket..i use a goodyear 13290 belt..if you use a 15290 it will come off at high rpm's..the 13 series is a little skinnier and sits deeper in the groove..

http://www.cfrperformance.com/1955_6..._p/hz-7758.htm
I do like that bracket.Will this bracket work with the stock merc crank pulley in the original groove?
I have the power steering bracket, but it is a power steering only bracket. If I had the combo bracket, that would work also, but they want a grip for a used one on ebay and alot for a new one.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

I do like that bracket.Will this bracket work with the stock merc crank pulley in the original groove?
I have the power steering bracket, but it is a power steering only bracket. If I had the combo bracket, that would work also, but they want a grip for a used one on ebay and alot for a new one.
yes it will line up with the most inner spot on the pulley..