Notices

Quotes on upholstery?

Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i did my first complete interior last winter. looks like was done by either an ametuer or a very drunk upholstery guy. but still way better than dissolved vinyl. anyway, if you are gonna do the stapling yourself, stainless or monel staples. and DON'T buy the cheap elec staple gun. you need enough power to hammer a half-inch staple all the way in...don't ask how i know. i'll hafta take the fifth. but i need a new staple gun...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
i did my first complete interior last winter. looks like was done by either an ametuer or a very drunk upholstery guy. but still way better than dissolved vinyl. anyway, if you are gonna do the stapling yourself, stainless or monel staples. and DON'T buy the cheap elec staple gun. you need enough power to hammer a half-inch staple all the way in...don't ask how i know. i'll hafta take the fifth. but i need a new staple gun...
The standard steel staples is part of the reason I'm doing the interior. The rust has bled down causing streaks of brown everywhere. Why they would use anything but stainless is beyond me. I'm using the plastic wood for everything but side trim panels.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

double post.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
The standard steel staples is part of the reason I'm doing the interior. The rust has bled down causing streaks of brown everywhere. Why they would use anything but stainless is beyond me. I'm using the plastic wood for everything but side trim panels.
I'm having the same issue, completely ruining a beautiful interior job
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
WOW!!! Thats pennies for all that work! I was quoted $1200 to recover two bolsters, rear seat $300, rear sunpad $650. Those prices are based on a private party doing the work (helps alot) plus me removing and reinstalling the items once the work is done. How on earth did you get someone to agree to all that work and vinyl for under $1000????
I dropped it off the and gave him 4 months to complete it. I believe it was his winter filler work in between jobs. Also I basically supplied him with the patterns and did not deviate from the original lines. Only color changes.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 1100 for the rear sundeck, and the 2 parts of the rear seat on a 27' baja.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I am taking my Cig to XT, I am going to pay the premium and get the best, I dont want to have horror storys on mine, I need a rear seat completely custom made, side gunnels made, sunpad made and windscreen trim, I am looking at 3-4000.00 to do what I want to do, but I also know the work and the owners, I want a FACTORY look and that comes with a premium..I want it to be right, get what you pay for I guess...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
$13 a box compared to $60. Unbelievable a high end boat manufacturer would do that. I used wood with screws and Gorilla glue. Then coated it all with fiberglass resin. If you do get a stapler I would recommend an air one with the extended snout which gets into tight places. Makes a BIG difference.
Attached Thumbnails Quotes on upholstery?-air-gun.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I'm having the same issue, completely ruining a beautiful interior job
If you can staple along side of them with stainless then pull out the steel ones before it ruins it completely. The staples are so small they will rust and fall apart in no time anyway.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I want it to be right, get what you pay for I guess...
Gotcha...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.