Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Race hatch or Big blower scoops? >

Race hatch or Big blower scoops?

Notices

Race hatch or Big blower scoops?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

[email protected] or text if you still have my number.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 4,424 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Are you a member of the 90+ club too?
maybe one day
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Goodbye scoops! Sometime in the next couple weeks I'll piece together a race hatch that is going to sit about 4-5" over the padded gunwale.
I'm going to make a lip about 2" wide around the top 2" deep and have a pad in the recess.
Attached Thumbnails Race hatch or Big blower scoops?-hatch-2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,217 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Heres my guy : http://www.createcutinvent.com/
I just hooked him up with a badass HVAC system and we horse traded for his services soooooooo... he can do whatever I ask but if I get him a DXF file my stuff will get done a lot faster.

What did you need done??
I might need to get in touch with your guy. My guy sold his water jet cutter. I need to get my side vents made. I just don't know which one I want.

Last edited by Rookie; 03-23-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I might need to get in touch with your guy. My guy sold his water jet cutter. I need to get my side vents made. I just don't know which one I want.

I made a similar vent on mine and it looked okay with the boat all white but when I put the wrap on it was missing something. I ended up putting the louvered vents back on and it looks so much better. Plus you would be surprised how much air is pulled in through those forward facing louvers. Just give it some thought before spending the money!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lil red
Goodbye scoops! Sometime in the next couple weeks I'll piece together a race hatch that is going to sit about 4-5" over the padded gunwale.
I'm going to make a lip about 2" wide around the top 2" deep and have a pad in the recess.
Ill try getting pics today. Been a crazy busy weekend...
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just emailed some pics. Let me know if you get them.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are exactly what I need cut out of stainless steel for my blower hatch. Are these DXF files rookie? I need 2 of those that are about 26 x 5 and are angled on the ends like Mild Thunders on his race hatch.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,217 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
These are exactly what I need cut out of stainless steel for my blower hatch. Are these DXF files rookie? I need 2 of those that are about 26 x 5 and are angled on the ends like Mild Thunders on his race hatch.
Why yes they are... And they are scaled to fit your 3 vents on the side of your Panther. The Scarab and the Beetle are all air vents. I think I have the top two on my home computer in DXF right now. My old computer crashed that has the others. I'll see what I can work with and get it to you.

502ss, I agree that the other vents are better for pulling air into the bilge. I will be putting these vents on when my blower hatch is made.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why yes they are... And they are scaled to fit your 3 vents on the side of your Panther. The Scarab and the Beetle are all air vents. I think I have the top two on my home computer in DXF right now. My old computer crashed that has the others. I'll see what I can work with and get it to you.

502ss, I agree that the other vents are better for pulling air into the bilge. I will be putting these vents on when my blower hatch is made.
Let me know rookie, I actually like the second one down. They would be for my blower hatch though facing forward, not the side vents. They go in the same position as the vents Mild Thunder showed on his race hatch. I don't have the stock hatch anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.